Miami Wins Big At Buffalo

Puhonix

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the first game I went to at RWS was in 1995. The phish were in 1st place and the Bills were struggling. I could be wrong, but I think the final was Bills 24-14, or something like that.

Congrats. Your team is playing well. However, your OL is suspect and your QB sucks. Take it from a Bills fan, this is a recipe for disaster.

You are a good poster. I am glad you are here. I wish Des would come back; there was a phish fan that knew football. You should have seen his discussions with AKC!!!

That said, you are a fan of a football team that is second rate, and 2 years away.

464755[/snapback]

That was 1994- its easy to confuse wins against the fish....there are so many of them

Guest BackInDaDay
Yeah yeah yeah, its me. And while I really dont think we'll win big, I do think the Fins can come back with a W when all is said and done.

And since this is my first Fins-Bills week since I've joined TBD, I thought I needed to add some spice to the board. After all the brigejumpers left, it got quiet in here, and a little too boring for a weekend when you're playing your hated rival.

So Frerotte is going to pick apart the secondary, and if you double cover McMichael, that'll leave Chambers open. And don't count out Welker, the kid is fast. And speaking of fast, look out for Ronnie Brown to tear up the D running up the gap and picking up 4, 5, 6 yards per carry. Probably break a few big ones, at least one for a TD.

The D will feast on JP's passing attempts, and I expect 3 picks, and possibly a fumble. Sacks will be taken generously, and often. MaGahee can only do so much, and 40 carries will tire him out when you need him in the second half.

Now fellow posters, and So-called Bills fans. ANSWER! :lol:

464743[/snapback]

How can I hate a guy with that avatar? :lol:

To be honest, I'm a bit worried that all this talk of working McGahee like a rented mule is playing right into the Fins' er, well... fins.

Taylor and Carter are very good containment DEs and moving Holliday inside with Traylor creates a formidible D line. I see that your D is only giving up about 75 yards per game. Held Denver to 70, Jets to 98 and Carolina to 61. Not bad.

On the other hand. er, fin, your pass D hasn't been as stellar. Except for Plummer's horrible week one outing (250 yards, but a 50 rating), both the Jets and Panthers were able to pass some. chad posted 190 yards with a 103 rating and Jake D put up 285 with a 98 rating. Not too shabby.

So, considering our coaches lack of confidence in our passing game, they may feel pressured to bang heads with your DL and LBs more often than they should. This could get ugly fast unless JP steps up and makes some plays.

I have no idea what to expect from our D this week. Your O is much improved, and will present quite a challenge to a unit whose confidence is shaky.

Oh well. Enjoy it buddy.

Willis is going to have a field day running over Zach Thomas and Junior Seau.  Thomas loves making tackles after 7 yard gains.  And my grandfather speaks glowingly of Seau's rookie year.  McGahee goes 27 for 133 and 2 TD's. 

JP is average, which is a step in the right direction for him.  14-26 for 152 with a TD and a pick.  Also rushes 4 for 37.

Your man Gus is no match for the top pass defense in the league.  13-36 for 141 with a TD, two picks, and a lost fumble.

Ronnie Brown is a decent 21 for 87 with a TD.  Just like at Auburn, he's still Cadillac's little sister.

Bills are up 10-7 at halftime, and the Thurman Thomas induction ceremony propels Buffalo to a 24-14 win.

Also, Junior Seau leaves in the middle of the 3rd qtr so he can get the "Early Bird" dinner special and be in bed by 7:30pm.

464811[/snapback]

Junior can always get the early bird special if he flashes his AARP card ... :lol:

I have no idea what to expect from our D this week.  Your O is much improved, and will present quite a challenge to a unit whose confidence is shaky.

464846[/snapback]

Expect an improved run defense with Anderson playing now for Edwards. Had we split TOP with the Saints this past week the run defense would have had a very good outing, and look for the same. Bottom line, I expect the D to give us 30 minutes of good football. If our offense can take the other side of that by holding the ball for an equal amount of time we'll have a good day. If the offense needs the D to play 35-40 minutes our lack of DT depth will once again cause us to fail to meet the test.

I know that this post was a little sarcastic... but I submit the opinion that it is not possible... well, I should say not probable... here's why.

"So Frerotte is going to pick apart the secondary"...

Well, nobody has been able to pick apart our secondary this year. We are #1 in the league. Our strength IS our secondary. Miami would be stupid if their plan was to PASS PASS PASS their way to victory. Instead, they will try to run on the a run defense that is near the bottom of the league.

"look out for Ronnie Brown to tear up the D running up the gap and picking up 4, 5, 6 yards per carry. Probably break a few big ones, at least one for a TD."

Isn't this the game that Ricky Williams is coming back? For some reason, that is ringing in my head. I do see Ronnie Brown getting some yards on us, but if he has a BIG DAY... it will be more how Deuce McCallister did it and not like his Auburn teammate did.

"The D will feast on JP's passing attempts, and I expect 3 picks"

Pretty hard to do when JP doesn't pass more than 20 times a game. I looked at Bulger and he passed for like 60 times last Sunday... I don't see JP EVER getting up in the 40 range this year. Our defense is on the field too long. He has only thrown 1 INT, so I think that 3 is impossible.

"McGahee can only do so much, and 40 carries will tire him out when you need him in the second half."

Again, for some reason McGahee will never get 40 carries. I wish he did... he could pull of 200 yard games easy if he did.

I predict Bills to win... well, we have to.... or I'm officially going to... cry.

I know that this post was a little sarcastic...

I predict Bills to win... well, we have to.... or I'm officially going to... cry.

464934[/snapback]

Im glad you recognized it for what it was. At least I got a few people invigorated about the coming game. I thought this board would have more drive coming into a game with the Phins. But it is only Tuesday, and I bet things pick up as the week goes along. I sure hope so at least.

I cant wait, and Ramius has a bouty on my head. GoBillsInDallas has christened me the b*tch of Satan, and smokinandjokin has already called me out for the Phins to perform. Pressure on us? I dont need no stinkin pressure. You're the team with playoff expectations.

And thanks for nothing for helping me with my 1500th post. :-P

Yeah yeah yeah, its me. And while I really dont think we'll win big, I do think the Fins can come back with a W when all is said and done.

And since this is my first Fins-Bills week since I've joined TBD, I thought I needed to add some spice to the board. After all the brigejumpers left, it got quiet in here, and a little too boring for a weekend when you're playing your hated rival.

So Frerotte is going to pick apart the secondary, and if you double cover McMichael, that'll leave Chambers open. And don't count out Welker, the kid is fast. And speaking of fast, look out for Ronnie Brown to tear up the D running up the gap and picking up 4, 5, 6 yards per carry. Probably break a few big ones, at least one for a TD.

The D will feast on JP's passing attempts, and I expect 3 picks, and possibly a fumble. Sacks will be taken generously, and often. MaGahee can only do so much, and 40 carries will tire him out when you need him in the second half.

Now fellow posters, and So-called Bills fans. ANSWER! :lol:

464743[/snapback]

:lol: Good one. You're right, things have been dead since the fair weather folks have jumped ship for the weekdays.