Bold Prediction for Sunday

nodnarb

I finally found the strength to delete the game after watching all the offensive plays over again, many of them in slo-mo. (love watching line play...it's the real fascinating part of the game IMO.)

Our OLine was better, and MORE CONSISTENT, than at any time last year. ANd it's game ONE. They really played solidly, in run blocking and particularly pass pro. Mike was injured and played hurt. He played pretty well, despite getting beat twice. The broken play where drew got decked after he tucked it and began to run (one step) was clearly his fault.

That Jags DLine made the running game look like a shadow of its real self. If Stroud and Henderson stay healthy, they WILL repeat as the #1 run defense. That's a team that's going to make a serious run within 3 years, if Leftwich has it in him.

Drew played smart, conservative football. We look at that one play with shelton wide open, and if he had better feet he might have been able to open a passing lane, but two guys were free and running straight at him from that very passing lane. Maybe last year he makes that pass and it's batted down or worse, picked off. He saw the the breakdown, knew his own limitations, and preserved the FG.

Nowthen. Oakland. Here's what I think's gonna happen:

Travis and (to a lesser extent) Willis will have a big day. Look for 150+ yards on the ground between them. The runs will be wide - we'll test the middle a few times to keep them honest but the bulk of the runs will be an attempt to take advantage of their young and inexperienced linebackers.

We're going to see Lee Evans. He'll have a really nice matchup against Denard Walker, who isn't fast. Evans could embarrass the guy. Call it a gut feeling. The kid is gonna haul in a long bomb for a TD in this game. The bills need to make defenses honor our outside speed. I was disappointed that we didn't see it last week, but hey.

It can't stay under wraps forever.

Gannon is a good qb and he'll beat us a few times. the raiders have some speed too, but they're not as talented or sure-handed. our corners are going to have some real opportunities, provided we can put some pressure on him.

Wheatly will be lucky to get 70 yards on 25 carries.

Bills 27-17