Sabres on Dish Network

PTS

What do you need to get Sabres games on Dish Network?

Should it come with any of the basic packages or do you need Center Ice.

And living in Buffalo, will I get blacked out of games at times?

What do you need to get Sabres games on Dish Network?

Should it come with any of the basic packages or do you need Center Ice.

And living in Buffalo, will I get blacked out of games at times?

462911[/snapback]

According to Alan Pergament:

"But Dish Network's satellite subscribers got a welcome surprise Wednesday when the Sabres' preseason game with Ottawa was televised after a last-minute deal was struck with MSG"

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051001/1006956.asp

I'm assuming this meant that a deal was struck for the whole season.

According to Alan Pergament:

"But Dish Network's satellite subscribers got a welcome surprise Wednesday when the Sabres' preseason game with Ottawa was televised after a last-minute deal was struck with MSG"

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051001/1006956.asp

I'm assuming this meant that a deal was struck for the whole season.

462975[/snapback]

That's weird because I don't see MSG anywhere on my channel guide, nor do I see it in the channels that I'm not subscribed to.

That's weird because I don't see MSG anywhere on my channel guide, nor do I see it in the channels that I'm not subscribed to.

463239[/snapback]

It's my understanding that it is just the Sabres games and pre/post game shows that were picked up by Dish. Your best bet would be to check programming guide on Wednesday to see what channel the game will be shown on.

I'm dealing with the opposite problem currently. I have DirecTV which gets MSG, but DirecTV and MSG haven't negotiated a deal for the Sabres games back feeds. So I get MSG, but no Sabres as of yet.

Dave.

Dish Network has a phone number.  Answers to these questions are literally 10 digits away.

464730[/snapback]

A number of us have contacted MSG, DirectTv, the Sabres (and I'm sure some Dish Network) only receive responses such as "I don't know what you're talking about (direcTv), Theres nothing we can do (MSG) or my favorite, from the Buffalo Sabres themselves "We have no say in it!!!"""

Dish Network has a phone number.  Answers to these questions are literally 10 digits away.

464730[/snapback]

Except when you call any customer service person (no matter the company), they're usually not very helpful.

CW

Do what I do.

1.  Keep asking for supervisors.

2.  Write the board.

3.  Profit.

464882[/snapback]

AD: I choose not to talk to Dish Network people unless I have to.

You'd feel the same way after you had to argue West Seneca, NY is in fact in Buffalo and not Pittsburgh, PA like they think.

AD: I choose not to talk to Dish Network people unless I have to.

You'd feel the same way after you had to argue West Seneca, NY is in fact in Buffalo and not Pittsburgh, PA like they think.

464899[/snapback]

Dude, you have no idea. Who hates idiots more than me? I spent two hours yelling at people from Best Buy because they wouldn't take my money. Then I wrote a very nasty letter to the Board and in the mail I got a $500 gift card. Make it into a sport. It's fun!

Dude, you have no idea.  Who hates idiots more than me?  I spent two hours yelling at people from Best Buy because they wouldn't take my money.  Then I wrote a very nasty letter to the Board and in the mail I got a $500 gift card.  Make it into a sport.  It's fun!

464931[/snapback]

I tried that with Best Buy but didn't get anywhere, not even an apology letter! :lol:

However, I did do that with Wells Fargo (after they screwed up paying my property taxes), and ended up getting $100. Should've asked for more... :lol:

CW