A life long Bills fan...

GoBillsDB

Hell no!!  I'm keeping that stuff so I can build a shrine to remind myself of the years of misery so I never go back.

464123[/snapback]

Mmmmhmmmm......you'll be back......

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be back right in the thick of our playoff run.  I'll remember to remind him he's no longer welcome here.

464134[/snapback]

All that hate. All that frustration. I once knew that feeling. Let it go my friend. Let it go...

What a tool. Here's a little secret of why people are true fans of a given team. The team picks you, you don't pick the team. Just like falling in love. Whatever reason you have for being a fan, it wasn't your choice. It was just something that happened, whatever it may have been, that lead you to being a fan and it was already predetermined before you even knew. If you give up when times are tough or pick another team beacuse the team you have been cheering for is losing then you were really never a real fan to begin with.

I have been a Bills fan since I was 4 years old. I don't know why I became a Bills fan other than I live in Buffalo and most of family were Bills fans. My first game at Rich Stadium was the Opener in 1977 against Miami. I have been there ever since and always will be no matter if we are 1-15 or 15-1. I know the majority of Bills fans are with me. Those that aren't, that's too bad for you. When they do start winning, whether it's this year or next year or 2010, it will be all that much better for those of us fans that stuck with them now.

What a tool. Here's a little secret of why people are true fans of a given team. The team picks you, you don't pick the team.

464147[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth!

One thing I've learned from watching the Bills over the years is that there are no surprises.  It's plays like that that drive me fuggin crazy.  Like the Jets returning the opening kickoff of overtime for a touchdown moments after an amazing last second tying TD.  With the Bills you are so high, so hopeful for that one fleeting moment until it all comes crashing down and suddenly you are in a Buffalo Bills induced haze of misery.  That's why I quit.  The Cardinals will never have a hopeful moment so there is no crash, no haze.

Join me Bills fans!!  Shake off the pain and misery of Bills fandom.  Know the quiet serentity of cheering on a team with no reasonable hope of even mediocrity.  Free Yourself!!! We Cardinal fans now number seven.  Who will be the eighth?  Who will know the peace of knowing your team will forever suck?!  Will it be you?

464052[/snapback]

I've been a die-hard Bills fan for 26 years, buddy! Every painful year I've had to endure will be made that much sweeter when the Bills win the Superbowl, I just pray that I'm still alive to see that glorious day! :blink:

I once thought as you do young one.  Clinging to the slightest hope of playoffs and... gasp... Super Bowls.  I was trapped.  I could not let go.  But once I did... oh what blessed day that was.  I now find myself steeped in an Arizona Cardinal induced suckdom, and I am free... free of the never ending pain.  I no longer watch other teams score on amazing plays and think, "why can't my team do that?"  I already know the answer.  My team can't do it because they are The Suck.  God Bless The Suck.  God Bless the Arizona Cardinals...

464107[/snapback]

Well gramps, I'm in my 50's and remain a Die Hard Fan.

Tell me, so I can prepare. At what age did your senility start to appear? :blink:

You know you're a true BILLS' fan when your "misery" starts with losing SUPER BOWLS.  You have no idea what misery is unless you lived through the 70s and 80s with this team.

464222[/snapback]

I am a bigger Bills fan than you are!

70s and 80s? ....Newbie!

:):)

You know you're a true BILLS' fan when your "misery" starts with losing SUPER BOWLS.  You have no idea what misery is unless you lived through the 70s and 80s with this team.

464222[/snapback]

I can certainly appreciate what you're saying, but at least you knew the team was going to be terrible in those years. That post has the makings of a "Back in my day...."

What about being a young, impressionable fan, watching his favorite team steamroll through the regular season and the playoffs, every year was supposed to be "the year," only to watch them die like dogs in the biggest game with everything on the line and the world watching? What about the ridicule your new favorite team is taking for being the only team ever to lose four straight Super Bowls? Is that any less miserable than 15 years of 4-12 football? I can't say for sure because I didn't start really getting into the Bills until around '84, but I remember those bad teams before the Kelly years. But the early 90's were both the Golden Age and the most heart-wrenching time.

It is true. My younger kids (20-ish) thought that the Bills were in the playoffs or Super Bowl every year, and never knew different until the current drought. My older ones remember me screaming at the TV in the early 80's. :)

After the glory days of 64, 65, 66, I thought the Bills would be winners every year, too. Little did I know that I would be mostly cheering for losers for 20 years!

It NEVER gets easier, and we did NOT know the team was going to be terrible!

Misery is relative to your point of reference. :)

I can certainly appreciate what you're saying, but at least you knew the team was going to be terrible in those years.  That post has the makings of a "Back in my day...."

What about being a young, impressionable fan, watching his favorite team steamroll through the regular season and the playoffs, every year was supposed to be "the year," only to watch them die like dogs in the biggest game with everything on the line and the world watching?  What about the ridicule your new favorite team is taking for being the only team ever to lose four straight Super Bowls?  Is that any less miserable than 15 years of 4-12 football?  I can't say for sure because I didn't start really getting into the Bills until around '84, but I remember those bad teams before the Kelly years.  But the early 90's were both the Golden Age and the most heart-wrenching time.

464286[/snapback]

Guest BackInDaDay
Join me Bills fans!!  Shake off the pain and misery of Bills fandom.  Know the quiet serentity of cheering on a team with no reasonable hope of even mediocrity.  Free Yourself!!! We Cardinal fans now number seven.  Who will be the eighth?  Who will know the peace of knowing your team will forever suck?!  Will it be you?

464052[/snapback]

Jimmy Swaggart, is that you? :)

This is some very funny **** you're posting. "God bless The Suck" ? :)

I can certainly appreciate what you're saying, but at least you knew the team was going to be terrible in those years.  That post has the makings of a "Back in my day...."

What about being a young, impressionable fan, watching his favorite team steamroll through the regular season and the playoffs, every year was supposed to be "the year," only to watch them die like dogs in the biggest game with everything on the line and the world watching?  What about the ridicule your new favorite team is taking for being the only team ever to lose four straight Super Bowls?  Is that any less miserable than 15 years of 4-12 football?  I can't say for sure because I didn't start really getting into the Bills until around '84, but I remember those bad teams before the Kelly years.  But the early 90's were both the Golden Age and the most heart-wrenching time.

464286[/snapback]

You know, I can actually see the logic in this post. For us over 40, we came to expect the Bills to be bad every year. Can you all remember coming out of Rich after the Raiders cahmpionship game and thinking holy chit, the Bills are actually going to the Super Bowl. At that point wasn't even thinking bout winning, but at least they had made it before I died.

Now, contrast that to being used to winning all the time. Lord, these past five years have to seem like eternity, where to us old timers a minor blip on the screen, and in actuality, a return to the Bills we know and continue, for some unfathomable reason, to love.

It just may be easier on us!!!!

Never you traitor!!

Get out and don't come crawling back when the Bills win the super bowl.

Only a coward would quit on his team now.

464081[/snapback]

He can create another Username and no one would know the difference later.... :)

You know, I can actually see the logic in this post. For us over 40, we came to expect the Bills to be bad every year. Can you all remember coming out of Rich after the Raiders cahmpionship game and thinking holy chit, the Bills are actually going to the Super Bowl. At that point wasn't even thinking bout winning, but at least they had made it before I died.

Now, contrast that to being used to winning all the time. Lord, these past five years have to seem like eternity, where to us old timers a minor blip on the screen, and in actuality, a return to the Bills we know and continue, for some unfathomable reason,  to love.

It just may be easier on us!!!!

464465[/snapback]

Growing up during the glory days, I just expected the Bills to be in the playoffs every year. I remember being shocked at the 7-9 season after the super bowl run. I could not believe it. I even took those exciting Flutie days for granted. Love him or hate him, you can't deny that he made watching the Bills a lot of fun.