Ransom observations on the game

Putting Neufeld on the field is pointless. Shelton is a better blocker and Reed is a better receiver. Scrap the 2 TE set until Euhus is healthy.

Kelsay and Posey need to communicate better. On one play, both jumped to the outside, leaving a huge lane for Brooks to walk through.

463035[/snapback]

Neufeld is among the disappointments of the 2005 season and I can't believe there are not more talented blocking TEs out of the league who could come in tomorrow and give us better work.

Posey appeared to have the inside on that, I'll go back and look at it again but no doubt one of them was supposed to take the edge and the other go upfield. If we were scoring 20 points a game a bonehead defensive play like that wouldn't be so indelible, with the O struggling though it becomes huge in the outcome.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6. It was unconscionable to me to not run a QB sneak with three inches to go.

462281[/snapback]

I agree with most of your post, except the above. Last week on a 4th and a foot the Bills tried a QB sneak and when it didn't work people wailed, "Isn't that what we pay Willis for?!?!" So this week they give the ball to Willis, he gets stopped, and somebody says the above? There's no pleasing some people. The bottom line is you have to mix it up on 3rd and 4th and short plays. I'd actually like to see them take more shots down the field using play action on these plays, particularly since the offense can't seem to move the ball doing anything else.

I agree with most of your post, except the above.  Last week on a 4th and a foot the Bills tried a QB sneak and when it didn't work people wailed, "Isn't that what we pay Willis for?!?!"  So this week they give the ball to Willis, he gets stopped, and somebody says the above?  There's no pleasing some people.  The bottom line is you have to mix it up on 3rd and 4th and short plays.  I'd actually like to see them take more shots down the field using play action on these plays, particularly since the offense can't seem to move the ball doing anything else.

463536[/snapback]

No, the right call on the first one was the QB sneak and it would have worked fine if Losman didn't slip for no reason. "I" never said give the ball to Willis last week on that play and would have thought that was dumb. A quarterback should be able to get three inches 95% of the time on a sneak. It should have been called the first time and this time. Later, after you have gone for a QB sneak numerous times in a row, and everyone in the stadium knows you're going to do it again, then you can fake it and call another play. And it also should be noted that I am not advocating this for, say, 4th and 1, a full yard is much, much tougher to get for a QB than three inches. The only reason Losman didn't make it was because he fell. Holcomb could have easily made three inches on a sneak.

after the game, avp said on the radio that it was definitely losman's fault. he said that when a receiver sees defensive help over the top on a deep post, he has to shift to a crossing route instead of continuing to head straight for the post. the qb should read this and hit on the cross after the receiver breaks off the deep post.  avp made it sound like common sense.

462959[/snapback]

Losman held that ball a long time.

Sounds to me that Moulds made the right adjustment, but he made it way too late.

Losman probably understood the adjustment as well, but since Moulds did not adjust in time- he figured Moulds was doing his own thing again- and would amaze everyone with an attempted one handed catch.