Ransom observations on the game

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pass defense has been horrid. There always seems to be someone running free in our secondary. Why is that? Blown schemes, poor scheme design or just mental breakdowns? It is maddening because you can sense on third and long that a conversion is inevitable.

462303[/snapback]

I especially liked the scheme where Scheobel was covering Stallworth which resulted in a 30 yd gain.

For a shutdown corner, Nate doesn't do much covering.

Great post and analysis Kelly. I agree about the return. I felt like it was the best I had ever seen from the Bills. Just amazing, and when the !@#$ is the karma going to get better for this team? Geez it was like 4 on 1 and he goes down <_<

McGee - his return was amazing for the most part, but didn't it look like he was TRYING to get tackled at the end? Running around the guy laying on the ground should've been the easiest part of the return - WTF.

462308[/snapback]

It looked like he let up to me. While it was happening I was screaming "Quit looking back and get in the D@#$ endzone!!!"

>>>>>11. I said this in another thread but JP was terrible today, and yet it gave me more confidence that he is going to be very good and maybe great. He has a ton of talent and it showed in a lot of ways today. Still, he had his third straight bad game.<<<<<

If throwing horrible passes, running around like a chicken without a head, and babbling, and high fiving on the sidelines after he was benched for his putrid play lead you to believe that he will "be very good or maybe great," please bring some of what you were consuming to the Miami game on Sunday.

>>>>>11. I said this in another thread but JP was terrible today, and yet it gave me more confidence that he is going to be very good and maybe great. He has a ton of talent and it showed in a lot of ways today. Still, he had his third straight bad game.<<<<<

If throwing horrible passes, running around like a chicken without a head, and babbling, and high fiving on the sidelines after he was benched for his putrid play lead you to believe that he will "be very good or maybe great," please bring some of what you were consuming to the Miami game on Sunday.

462603[/snapback]

Don't be an Ass, Bill.

Sorry, but you're not making a whole lot of sense. This game's loss rests SQUARELY on the shoulders of a piss-poor defense. Yet again, no pressure fromt he front four means blitzing from all positions which means wide open receivers on 3rd and long.

Don't be an Ass, Bill.

Sorry, but you're not making a whole lot of sense. This game's loss rests SQUARELY on the shoulders of a piss-poor defense. Yet again, no pressure fromt he front four means blitzing from all positions which means wide open receivers on 3rd and long.

462623[/snapback]

Sorry Joe. It was not ALL on the defense. JP was chased around all day. When he DID have time, he threw a strike to a defender.

I saw Anderson let a lineman pass him virtually untouched. Tucker was a clearly superior LG. Want to talk about Teague and Jerman?

The offense is a mess Joe, an absolute mess.

Sorry Joe. It was not ALL on the defense. JP was chased around all day. When he DID have time, he threw a strike to a defender.

I saw Anderson let a lineman pass him virtually untouched. Tucker was a clearly superior LG. Want to talk about Teague and Jerman?

462629[/snapback]

How many times did the Bills have the Saints in 3rd and 5+ situations? How many tiems did they give up the first?

When's the last time the D has a turnover?

Exactly.

How many times did the Bills have the Saints in 3rd and 5+ situations? How many tiems did they give up the first?

When's the last time the D has a turnover?

Exactly.

462636[/snapback]

Joe, you are of course right. I am in full agreement with you about the defense. That said, they were only down 6 and it never looked like they were going to score. I can't think of a better recipe for disaster than an OL who can't block coupled with a shaky rookie QB.

Retatta sounds better than that. <_<

462629[/snapback]

If you read the News today, it showed that was not a terrible pass, it was a miscommunication. But it made sense. Losman could have been the culprit for misreading it, or it could have been Moulds, they both kind of blamed each other. But JP threw it right where he wanted it, expecting Moulds to be there, and not where Moulds was (cutting the route off shorter). That is what happens often when you find out later on what was supposed to happen on the field.

If I HAD to guess, I would say Losman was the one that made the wrong pass, because what Moulds said "The coaches told us during the week to cut the route off because there would be a guy behind me" or something to that effect, was exactly what happened, and the guy behind him made the pick. Losman said that Moulds cut the route off after JP had already thrown the ball. But it wasn't a terrible throw, in fact it was a very nice throw that likely would have been an incompletion, or maybe even a 50 yard completion if Moulds could have outreached Craft for the ball.

If you read the News today, it showed that was not a terrible pass, it was a miscommunication. But it made sense. Losman could have been the culprit for misreading it, or it could have been Moulds, they both kind of blamed each other. But JP threw it right where he wanted it, expecting Moulds to be there, and not where Moulds was (cutting the route off shorter). That is what happens often when you find out later on what was supposed to happen on the field.

If I HAD to guess, I would say Losman was the one that made the wrong pass, because what Moulds said "The coaches told us during the week to cut the route off because there would be a guy behind me" or something to that effect, was exactly what happened, and the guy behind him made the pick. Losman said that Moulds cut the route off after JP had already thrown the ball. But it wasn't a terrible throw, in fact it was a very nice throw that likely would have been an incompletion, or maybe even a 50 yard completion if Moulds could have outreached Craft for the ball.

462953[/snapback]

after the game, avp said on the radio that it was definitely losman's fault. he said that when a receiver sees defensive help over the top on a deep post, he has to shift to a crossing route instead of continuing to head straight for the post. the qb should read this and hit on the cross after the receiver breaks off the deep post. avp made it sound like common sense.

after the game, avp said on the radio that it was definitely losman's fault. he said that when a receiver sees defensive help over the top on a deep post, he has to shift to a crossing route instead of continuing to head straight for the post. the qb should read this and hit on the cross after the receiver breaks off the deep post.  avp made it sound like common sense.

462959[/snapback]

Again, I think it was Losman's fault, too. But Losman threw the ball before Moulds cut off his route. Your/AVP's explanation says he has to hit on the cross after the receiver breaks off the deep post, but Moulds hadnt done that yet when JP was throwing the ball. Again, I think Losman misread it, but the real issue here for me was that I couldn't believe he overthrew the ball by five yards when he had made a great play fake and had all the time in the world. That really bothered me, like it was another terrible pass by him. But it turns out with the new information that it wasn't a terrible pass, it went right where he wanted it to, which while a moral victory of sorts, still shows the kid can throw a nice deep ball.

Again, I think it was Losman's fault, too. But Losman threw the ball before Moulds cut off his route. Your/AVP's explanation says he has to hit on the cross after the receiver breaks off the deep post, but Moulds hadnt done that yet when JP was throwing the ball.

462973[/snapback]

No, I think what AVP is saying that as a QB, if you see that there's going to be back support you don't wait for the WR to break off the post route and immediately go to your next read, which is the cross.

This is not sandlot, where you wait for the WR to get open.

No, I think what AVP is saying that as a QB, if you see that there's going to be back support you don't wait for the WR to break off the post route and immediately go to your next read, which is the cross. 

This is not sandlot, where you wait for the WR to get open.

462979[/snapback]

I didn't hear what AVP said, I was going on what dave mcbride said AVP said. And that was "and hit on the cross after the receiver breaks off the deep post."

Again, I think Losman made the wrong read.

All good points, Kelly. A few I'd like to add:

The refs must have decided not to call holding against the Saints OL and told them so. At one point, Schobel looked like he had been in a hockey fight when his jersey got pulled above his pads.

Putting Neufeld on the field is pointless. Shelton is a better blocker and Reed is a better receiver. Scrap the 2 TE set until Euhus is healthy.

Why was Ryan Denny in for Schobel on a 3rd down? I don't care if he was winded, take a break on 1st down not 3rd.

Kelsay and Posey need to communicate better. On one play, both jumped to the outside, leaving a huge lane for Brooks to walk through.