Do any of you out there

I'm not ready to put this all on TD. I think the deficiency with Anderson is showing but I think more has to do with the coaching. Tom knew he needed a QB and Losman looked good in college (just like Greg Williams looked good interviewing). He made the best strategic decision for the team. I think we are coming to realize that maybe he should have traded up with the 13th pick to get Ben R., Eli or Rivers. If we would have waited to this year, we could have picked up Rodgers (if we didnt trade to get Losman) but I think the end result would have been the same.

TD isn't the problem here. I think he has some responsibility but I do believe more falls on the head coach and his offensive coordinator. The defense is sucking it up because they are on the field too long. I truly believe that they would be like last year if they weren't spending so much time on the field. (The defense did look very good early on today but you can only hold on for so long.)

I do.

462245[/snapback]

I'll second that..... It's apparent that any successful football team is built in the trenches. On both sides of the ball. Take Carolina for example. Since the beginning of their existance they have been drafting high on both sides of the line. They make it to the supewrbowl a few years after. Wow. TD doesn't seem to get it at all. Yeah we got Preston this year who is still a project in the making. By putting this pressure on the coaches with mediocre players on the oline and a young qb at the helm, he not only puts tons of pressure on Mc Nally but may ruin JP as well. I'm not saying all of our draft picks in the first three rounds should be all oline. I'm saying spend more money on the oline and bring in people who fit the position well and are seasoned if they aren't availible in the draft. Face it guys we haven't seen a good line in Buffalo since the Kelly era ended. And it's still not fixed.

Keep on ignoring it TD.

Take a deep breath.

Take a walk.

Have a drink.

I met you at the opener and you do not seem like the type who would throw in the towel.

Just kinda sorta sucks to be a Bills fan tonight.  <_<

462266[/snapback]

Very true Rockpile....what I really meant to say was that I am getting to the point of thinking it might be best to see the Bills implode to get TD outta town....havent gotten completely there yet....but Im closer to that thought then I ever wanted to be.

As long as he leaves at the same time Regier does......plenty of champagne corks popping.

:doh:

462277[/snapback]

Wait, dont you think Teppo is going to score 50 pts and lead the Sabres to the promised land...Regier did also land Bob Corkum for the stretch run, we have to trust Darcy, right?!?! <_<

I'm not ready to put this all on TD. I think the deficiency with Anderson is showing but I think more has to do with the coaching. Tom knew he needed a QB and Losman looked good in college (just like Greg Williams looked good interviewing). He made the best strategic decision for the team. I think we are coming to realize that maybe he should have traded up with the 13th pick to get Ben R., Eli or Rivers. If we would have waited to this year, we could have picked up Rodgers (if we didnt trade to get Losman) but I think the end result would have been the same.

TD isn't the problem here. I think he has some responsibility but I do believe more falls on the head coach and his offensive coordinator. The defense is sucking it up because they are on the field too long. I truly believe that they would be like last year if they weren't spending so much time on the field. (The defense did look very good early on today but you can only hold on for so long.)

462260[/snapback]

Ultimately, TD is responsible for not hiring the right coach, maybe twice. This is THE most important decision a GM has to make.

I do.

462245[/snapback]

How many years does TD have left on his contract? 3-4 ???? The earliest he gets the boot is when he has 1 year left under contract. Ralphie isn't going to pay 2 GM's for 2-3 years...

Get use to the silver fox. He will be here a while.

If it were looking on the field like the Bills were incapable of winning the games they've been in, then that's when you point to the GM. That is far from being the case here as there have been some lapses by players, Offensive, and Defensive coaches at different key times thus far. And no I'm not going to go there with the "well who hired these players and coaches? " because most of them have performed before.

Wait, dont you think Teppo is going to score 50 pts and lead the Sabres to the promised land...Regier did also land Bob Corkum for the stretch run, we have to trust Darcy, right?!?!  <_<

462384[/snapback]

I think Bob Corkum retired. Thrice would not have been nice.

:doh:

Teppo, Harpo, Chico, Groucho.....actually they played ok in the preseason. But, I expect a 4th place finish in the division.