Rochester question

Frez

What kind of place is the Water Street Music Hall?

I need info on it and the surrounding area. I have visited their website but I would like to hear anything extra you can add. Is it a decent place for a 16 year old to attend a concert?

Thank you!

What kind of place is the Water Street Music Hall?

I need info on it and the surrounding area. I have visited their website but I would like to hear anything extra you can add. Is it a decent place for a 16 year old to attend a concert?

Thank you!

462013[/snapback]

In an old warehouse in the city. Neighborhood is so so, kind of industrial with some revival going on. Had some problems there a year or two ago but have increased security and safety a lot. Parking is tough, I always dropped my guys off and picked them up, not a place you want to hang around post show.

Thank you.........

After you drop off the guys where is a decent place to go to wait until the concert lets out?

462112[/snapback]

Actually, the High Falls District is just around the corner . Several establishments there and there is a parking garage. Benigans on Main St. downtown is ok (sports bar). Up on East Ave are a couple of nice coffee shops (Java is one). Or head slightly out of the city to the Holiday Inn airport, their restaurant (name escapes me) is a sports bar.

Thank you.........

After you drop off the guys where is a decent place to go to wait until the concert lets out?

462112[/snapback]

When my daughter was 16, I went in with her. I grabbed a seat at the far end of the long bar and she disappeared into the crowd with her friends. It is large enough where you can be there and NOT be in your kid's face. On three separate occasions, I got to see Goldfinger, Weezer, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, so it was OK. 0:) After a few shows at a couple different places, she got a bit street smarter and I felt more comfortable, too. You know this place serves alcohol, right? :devil:

What show is it?

Worst case, walk across the street to the Water Street Grill and hang out.

The area is pretty rough, so if you drop them off have a solid pick up time and place.