Detroit Got Screwed!

PTS

The game went down to the wire, and Detroit looked like they scored the game wining touchdown. Until, the NFL officials f-ed one up again.

I don't know how they honestly reviewed that called touchdown and said that there was conclusive evidence that Pollard was out of bounds, therefor overturning the TD.

For anyone that didn't see the play. Harrington threw to Marcus Pollard who was on the ground sliding to make the catch. He defintely caught the ball and remained in bounds. No way was there evidence to overturn it. That's the type of call you expect on us when we play the Patriots.

The game went down to the wire, and Detroit looked like they scored the game wining touchdown. Until, the NFL officials f-ed one up again.

I don't know how they honestly reviewed that called touchdown and said that there was conclusive evidence that Pollard was out of bounds, therefor overturning the TD.

For anyone that didn't see the play. Harrington threw to Marcus Pollard who was on the ground sliding to make the catch. He defintely caught the ball and remained in bounds. No way was there evidence to overturn it. That's the type of call you expect on us when we play the Patriots.

461856[/snapback]

Nope, its not the officials fault- dont put yourself in that position.

461856[/snapback]

No way, man....I just saw the replay....his right knee was clearly out of bounds just as the ball was arriving. No TD! Screw the Lions!

No way, man....I just saw the replay....his right knee was clearly out of bounds just as the ball was arriving. No TD!  Screw the Lions!

461861[/snapback]

Hey- even the refs arent perfect- you have to step up and overcome that stuff

Hey- even the refs arent perfect- you have to step up and overcome that stuff

461864[/snapback]

I totally agree....if your wins are dependent on the officials, you aren't that good to begin with.

461856[/snapback]

What game were you watching...yes pollard caught the ball, but his knee was on the ground on the white, hence he was OB, and the replay clearly shows this...

What game were you watching...yes pollard caught the ball, but his knee was on the ground on the white, hence he was OB, and the replay clearly shows this...

462044[/snapback]

No way. I DVRed it and stopped the play when it looked like he had full possession. He was at least three inches away from the line. Plus, I'd say you could argue that he had possession a few split seconds before I considered he had full possession. Either way, there is no way they can conclusively say that there was evidence to overturn it. These replay booths have slow motion I presume?