Thank God for Baseball

Chef Jim

With the way the Bills have been sucking of late at least we have MLB playoffs. As a big Angel fan I'm very excited about the way they finished the season (14-2). The hottest team in baseball right now! And it looks like they'll get the Yanks in the first round. They've owned the Yankees the past few year so I'm expecting a cruise into the second round. Any thoughts from you Yankee fans?

With the way the Bills have been sucking of late at least we have MLB playoffs.  As a big Angel fan I'm very excited about the way they finished the season (14-2).  The hottest team in baseball right now!  And it looks like they'll get the Yanks in the first round.  They've owned the Yankees the past few year so I'm expecting a cruise into the second round.  Any thoughts from you Yankee fans?

461687[/snapback]

Yankees pitchers are getting healthy. Good luck. :(

If you don't have a team you follow every day it may be boring.  If you feel baseball in October is boring let me ask you a question.  Did you watch the Bills game today?  Now that's boring TV.

461715[/snapback]

You're right, I don't have a team to root for. I will admit, I was interested in the Yanks Sox series last year, but the 160 odd game regular season games are too much for me though.

im an expos fan 0:)

461738[/snapback]

aw, man....that sucks....sorry to hear that. Guess it's just not the same with them in Washington now, huh? At least you're into soccer.....that's a friggin awesome sport, bro :devil:

I hate the way baseball is so financially unbalanced, but I have to admit that I get excited for the postseason. There is just something about those night games on prime time television in the brisk autumn air.....DAMN I LOVE SPORTS!

Yankees pitchers are getting healthy. Good luck. :devil:

461708[/snapback]

Angel pitching has been healthy all year. As a matter of fact when Santana came up from the minors he ended up winning 12 games with the angels after winning I believe winning 6 in the minors. When Escobar (who he replaced) came off the DL Santana kept him in the pen. The kid is only 22.

They have along with Colon who will probably win the Cy Young, and had the most wins in the AL; Jarod Washburn who finished fourth in the league in ERA; John Lackey who finished with 14 wins and Frankie Rodriguez who finished as the AL save leader.

So my response to that is..............good luck to you.

aw, man....that sucks....sorry to hear that. Guess it's just not the same with them in Washington now, huh?  At least you're into soccer.....that's a friggin awesome sport, bro  :devil:

461744[/snapback]

ya well my soccer team is 1-2-2 thats 2 losses and 2 ties 0:)

and i have a feeling italy will stink it up this summer in germany

i have no luck

and just as unlucky, the habs suck this year too, my friends think that Kovalev Koivu and Zednik is the top line in the NHL lol

ya well my soccer team is 1-2-2 thats 2 losses and 2 ties :devil:

and i have a feeling italy will stink it up this summer in germany

i have no luck

and just as unlucky, the habs suck this year too, my friends think that Kovalev Koivu and Zednik is the top line in the NHL lol

461770[/snapback]

Who is your team? Do you follow the Italian league? AC Milan? I know enough about the English Premier League and Champions League to help me enjoy the sport, but I don't know much about the German or Italian leagues.....nor do I know much about the S.American teams. All I know is I LOVE watching games. The movement of the ball, the great save, the near miss.....it's truly a majestic sport!

Let us know how that feels.  One of these years it's going to happen to us Bills fans.    :devil:

461772[/snapback]

honestly i dont miss it that much and the city doesnt as much, the fans were sick of selig and mlb and claude brochu and those mofo's that screwed us over and sold the team to mlb

overall i never thought we would even come close to a postseason and there is really no point in watching 162 games just to worry about next year

lol mlb is badly organized

Who is your team? Do you follow the Italian league? AC Milan? I know enough about the English Premier League and Champions League to help me enjoy the sport, but I don't know much about the German or Italian leagues.....nor do I know much about the S.American teams. All I know is I LOVE watching games. The movement of the ball, the great save, the near miss.....it's truly a majestic sport!

461782[/snapback]

my team is A.S. Roma, if you think watching the bills is frustrating lol

the thing i hate about italian soccer is it is as corrupt as a sport can get... basically the only thing that truly has meaning is the european cup leagues

my team is A.S. Roma, if you think watching the bills is frustrating lol

the thing i hate about italian soccer is it is as corrupt as a sport can get... basically the only thing that truly has meaning is the european cup leagues

461791[/snapback]

That's too bad....money seems to have a tendency to ruin a good thing. That's why I'm so thankful that the NFL has it right. I know the owners in larger markets have issues with revenue sharing, and they probably have a valid point. But the salary cap is a blessing for teams in smaller markets, like the Bills.

How did you get to be a Bills fany, anyway? Are you from Quebec? Italy?

That's too bad....money seems to have a tendency to ruin a good thing. That's why I'm so thankful that the NFL has it right. I know the owners in larger markets have issues with revenue sharing, and they probably have a valid point. But the salary cap is a blessing for teams in smaller markets, like the Bills.

How did you get to be a Bills fany, anyway?  Are you from Quebec? Italy?

461800[/snapback]

im from montreal born and raised but my parents r italian :devil:

With the way the Bills have been sucking of late at least we have MLB playoffs.  As a big Angel fan I'm very excited about the way they finished the season (14-2).  The hottest team in baseball right now!  And it looks like they'll get the Yanks in the first round.  They've owned the Yankees the past few year so I'm expecting a cruise into the second round.  Any thoughts from you Yankee fans?

461687[/snapback]

Nobody ever cruises in playoffs- the Angels have owned us pretty much....