How much faith?

Frez

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It is surely something I have not seen, but I am hoping for it in a big way. Hoping this will be the week something clicks in JP's head, and he lights it up. Hoping the D starts forcing turnovers again. Hoping they can keep McCallister under 100 yds. Hpoing the Bills can cross the goal line.

You know why JP can't get into his driveway?

Someone painted a goal line in front of it. B-)

I picked New Orleans to win in the pool, and reason tells me they win, but I also feel like this could be a breakout game for the Bills. There are a lot of frustrated, pretty good players and coaches on the Bills, and if they are all on the same page this could be a blowout.

You know why JP can't get into his driveway?

Someone painted a goal line in front of it.  B-)

460431[/snapback]

JP doesn't own a driveway.

I have faith JP will soon start connecting with his receivers, I'm feeling good about tomorrow.

Well, how much faith do you have in our Bills tomorrow? I have none. 

460407[/snapback]

Wow, there's a frickin surprise! B-)

Wow, there's a frickin surprise!  B-)

460451[/snapback]

Ok, I'll get out my pom poms and yell GO BILLS.

Bills 44

Saints 6

Does that make you feel any better? :D

They look like the preseason Bills for Gawds sake. :doh:

I've got plenty of faith. If I had zero faith, I wouldn't bother worrying about the game tomorrow. I'd go do something else besides watch the Bills lose. Every week, whether the game hasn't started, or we're down 2 scores with 1:30 to go, I have faith the Bills have a legit shot to win. Sometimes they disappoint, sometimes they don't. Either way, I am proud that I had hope til the end. Call me crazy, call me a blind follower, but just don't call me a Fins fan!

I've got plenty of faith.  If I had zero faith, I wouldn't bother worrying about the game tomorrow.  I'd go do something else besides watch the Bills lose.  Every week, whether the game hasn't started, or we're down 2 scores with 1:30 to go, I have faith the Bills have a legit shot to win.  Sometimes they disappoint, sometimes they don't.  Either way, I am proud that I had hope til the end.  Call me crazy, call me a blind follower, but just don't call me a Fins fan!

460463[/snapback]

I'm with you. I haven't missed a Bills game since I started watching them in 1989.

Talk about disappointments, when do you think this team becomes a true playoff team? How much time does Donahoe need to build a winner in Buffalo? I'll tell you what, so far this year I'm seeing a 4-12 football team with the Buffalo Bills. Look at the remaining schedule and tell me where you see the wins coming from. I think Miami is a better team then us right now,so I'm hoping you don't say we will sweep Miami. I just don't see it happing with what I have seen so far from this Bills team.

This is where I'm losing my faith in the team. I believe Tom Donahoe will never get us to where we want to be. He negletcs the most important part of a winning football team, the OFFENSIVE LINE.

I'll be back later, it's a great day outside and I have to finish splitting my wood. B-)

Ok, I'll get out my pom poms and yell GO BILLS.

Bills 44

Saints 6

Does that make you feel any better?  :doh:

They look like the preseason Bills for Gawds sake.  B-)

460461[/snapback]

I just question people who almost seem GLAD when the Bills have a tough time of things. I also think it's pretty ridiculous to make some of the statements you do given the fact that we are three games into the season with a new QB. I think maybe it's the fact that you say you've only been a fan since 1989. Even though I became a fan only about five years earlier than you, I latched on to the Bills when they still sucked. I remember the guy on the Wease show mocking the Bills every Monday as I sat on the bus to school. I don't think a "real" fan needs to be positive all the time, but I DO think a real fan wouldn't seem to take such pride in the fact that things aren't going well right now. Just my $.02. Admittedly, you aren't as bad as some people on here, but for gosh sakes, SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

Man, Oh man! Where was the internet in the  70's and early 80's? You guys don't know what suck is. You had to be there in early years.

460483[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure that some of you guys who have been fans longer REALLY had to endure it......those of you who stuck through all that and are still fans today are the REAL fans.

Yeah, I'm sure that some of you guys who have been fans longer REALLY had to endure it......those of you who stuck through all that and are still fans today are the REAL fans.

460485[/snapback]

We were there when kemp and cookie Gilchrist won the championships in the AFL. When OJ was going to lead us to A super bowl and hardly got us into the playoffs. And whenn Ferguson got us there the defense let us down.

I'm with you. I haven't missed a Bills game since I started watching them in 1989.

460468[/snapback]

Perhaps that is your problem. You apparently have no concept of having a 2-14 team for a few years in a row, and have EVERYONE grill you daily because you wear Bills colors to school. After the dark days of having to defeat Dallas so you can feel vindicated for a week, forgive me if I have some optimism left...

We were there when kemp and cookie Gilchrist won the championships in the AFL. When OJ was going to lead us to A super bowl and hardly got us into the playoffs. And whenn Ferguson got us there the defense let us down.

460488[/snapback]

Is there a runner today that you would compare Cookie Gilchrist to? I have heard his name brought up quite a few times on here, but I don't think I've ever seen footage of him. Did he have a style that was comparable to anyone from the past decade or so?

I remember when Thurman, Leonard Smith, and Kirby Jackson would come to the Tony Roma's I used to work at in the early 90s. They came for a rib eating contest and also to film one of the weekly Bills shows at the time. They were all really cool guys, very friendly and personable. I don't know why I'm thinking about this, I guess it's just a reminder of how thankful I am for having grown up in Upstate NY. The Bills were a huge part of those years and I wouldn't trade them for anything.