Looks like Pennington is done for

Chad Pennington was a class player in the NFL. If any of you remember seeing the piece on him done two years ago on CBS, you will know that he lives in a relatively nice house, but not lavish. He still owns the same car he had in high school. He is very smart, and had a great eye for details when watching film. He is a great field general. If this injury is indeed career threatening, I believe he will make a great NFL coordinator or coach some day. Good luck to him in his recovery.

didn't we know this 2 days ago ??????

460294[/snapback]

Yup. but most of us didn't know just how bad off he was. Nobody has recovered from two operations on the shoulders to play football again.

Nobody is a REALLY small number.

Plus he never had much of an arm... so he obviously can't afford to lose even a little strength. Not to mention accuracy. I agree with other posters that he managed to do a lot with not much and seemed a decent sort. Good luck to him. (but not the jests of course)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2176813

"There are no current players, former players or orthopedic surgeons -- at least among the dozen or so people interviewed by ESPN.com this week -- who could readily identify a quarterback who has even undergone two rotator cuff procedures, let alone come back from them."

"It was the most miserable time of my life and there's really no other word to describe it," Miller said. "Unless you've been there, it's hard to explain, really. But you keep telling yourself: 'I owe it to the team. They're paying me to go out and play. I've got to go out there and try it.' And all you really do is make it worse, to be honest. Worse for yourself. Worse for the team. Worse for everybody."

Majkowski said. "I mean, it's excruciating. People don't understand, maybe, unless they've had it. But the shoulder is the biggest range-of-motion part of anyone's body. Bigger than the knee even. Just to get back that range of motion -- to get it to the point where you can just function, and I'm not even talking about the football part, but more like everyday stuff -- takes an enormous amount of work and pain."

Now with a second injury, even if it's not another torn rotator cuff, he's as good as done as an elite QB.  The Jets now need to find a long term starting QB.

460153[/snapback]

Pennington is a millionaire, he's as smart as they come, he will have a huge career in coaching if he wishes, so to heck with feeling sorry for him or Jets fans.

What sucks is that his presence gave us one team in the division with a QB who had legitimate physical weaknesses that could be exploited. Now the Jets will seek an improvement, which always opens up the possibility of another All Pro QB surfacing in the division. It's nice knowing your opponent is always going to have a so-so QB. Ten more years of Pencilarm would have been nice.

To me, this is a lot like when things fell apart for the Fish last year. If Wanny could have just held that ship together and salvaged an 8-8 season, we probably would still have a below average head coach in Miami. You knew what you got with Wannstedt, a guy who could take the best talent in the division and either barely make the playoffs or miss them altogether.

Pennington is a millionaire, he's as smart as they come, he will have a huge career in coaching if he wishes,  so to heck with feeling sorry for him or Jets fans.

What sucks is that his presence gave us one team in the division with a QB who had legitimate physical weaknesses that could be exploited.  Now the Jets will seek an improvement, which always opens up the possibility of another All Pro QB surfacing in the division.  It's nice knowing your opponent is always going to have a so-so QB.  Ten more years of Pencilarm would have been nice.

To me, this is a lot like when things fell apart for the Fish last year.  If Wanny could have just held that ship together and salvaged an 8-8 season,  we probably would still have a below average head coach in Miami.  You knew what you got with Wannstedt, a guy who could take the best talent in the division and either barely make the playoffs or miss them altogether.

460428[/snapback]

Good point about Wannabe (nice loss to Rutgers last night, BTW). I can see Saban getting our least-favorite team back to the playoffs sooner rather than later....