actually relevant bills news

dave mcbride

HORN NOT EXPECTED TO PLAY ON SUNDAY

Listed as questionable with a hamstring injury for Sunday's Texas home opener against the Bills, we're told that the feeling in the locker room is that Saints Pro Bowl receiver Joe Horn won't play.

Horn had one catch for 11 yards last weekend against the Vikings, during which he suffered the injury.

His absence means that Bills cornerback Nate Clements most likely will match up against receiver Donte' Stallworth, who steps into the go-to position with Horn out of the picture.

Listed as questionable with a hamstring injury for Sunday's Texas home opener against the Bills, we're told that the feeling in the locker room is that Saints Pro Bowl receiver Joe Horn won't play.

Horn had one catch for 11 yards last weekend against the Vikings, during which he suffered the injury.

His absence means that Bills cornerback Nate Clements most likely will match up against receiver Donte' Stallworth, who steps into the go-to position with Horn out of the picture.

459685[/snapback]

teams have been stacking the line to take deuce out of the game all year.......this will only pound home the point.......if he can't run they can't win.......brooks is error prone......

459685[/snapback]

Well, they're consistent over there at PFFFFFFFFT. The two guys that matter think differently. This was in KFFL.

Saints | Horn Misses Practice, Likely to Tough it Out

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:00:14 -0700

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (hamstring) remained out of practice Thursday, Sept. 29, but he and head coach Jim Haslett seem confident Horn will be able to play during Week 4. There is a chance he could be limited during the game.

if horn is limited on sunday b/c of injury, the thing to do is to really jam him at the LOS and force him to work to get open. judging by the questionable defensive strategy employed by jerry gray in our last two games, we will give horn a 10-15 yard cushion off the line. <_<

459685[/snapback]

Considering the source I'm sure Horn is now 125% healthy. 25% more then even the healthiest of people.

It's not Horn I worry about, or any other receiver for that matter. It's Duece McAllister.  <_<

459826[/snapback]

If we are a good defense, we shouldn't really have to worry about any one particular player. You know how far we have fallen when analysis and fan posts continually start pointing to this aspect (and this is not directed at you personally).

If we are a good defense, we shouldn't really have to worry about any one particular player. You know how far we have fallen when analysis and fan posts continually start pointing to this aspect (and this is not directed at you personally).

459840[/snapback]

NP, to clarify I should have said the Saint's running game. <_<

Guest BackInDaDay

I had on NFL Network a couple nights ago. On the bottom of the screen they give a lot of individual team info, and I caught them going through each teams injuries.

Most teams took about a half a minute to list 3 or 4 guys - you know - from Out to Probable.

The Saints list took about two minutes! Although mostly made up of players listed as Questionable, there must have been 9 - 12 listed! It looked like a 'sick-out'. <_<

Seriously, these guys can talk all the trash they want, but I've got to question how good a handle Haslett has on this team. I think they have quite a bit of 'dog' in 'em.

I had on NFL Network a couple nights ago.  On the bottom of the screen they give a lot of individual team info, and I caught them going through each teams injuries.

Most teams took about a half a minute to list 3 or 4 guys - you know - from Out to Probable.

The Saints list took about two minutes! Although mostly made up of players listed as Questionable, there must have been 9 - 12 listed!  It looked like a 'sick-out'.  B-) 

Seriously, these guys can talk all the trash they want, but I've got to question how good a handle Haslett has on this team.  I think they have quite a bit of 'dog' in 'em.

459846[/snapback]

You may be right about Haslett. I think he is a pretty lousy headcoach (I am so friggin' glad he is not coaching our team) That said, the Saints are one of those teams that can play like Super Bowl contenders for a game, and like the 84 Bills in other games. Given the way the Bills have been playing up to now, this will not likely be a cakewalk. Deuce McCalister, on any other team, would always be mentioned amongst the best RB's in the leauge. He plays with a lot of pride, as does Joe Horn. This will not be a cakewalk, unless the Saints implode from all the turmoil surrounding the team.