putting the Bills' 1-2 start into perspective

canbuffan34

A few thoughts that have occured to me after watching these 3 games that you may or may not agree with me on...

1) Most of us on this board, myself included, believed that after reading all of the feel good stories in the offseason about JPL and his work ethic/ knowledge of playbooks etc. thought that he would be NFL ready by week 1 and then he comes out and wows us all against the Texans and our defence looks dominant against their offence. At this point I was thinking Playoffs for sure! Clearly looking back, this was a subpar team. My concern after this game were the comments made by TKO and Co. about wanting to be known as one of the best defences of all time, I remember thinking "just play, Spikes" let someone else give you guys that title!

2) Tampa Bay game- So we have our defence going into Florida barely able to fit their huge heads on the plane, and rightfully so after their performance against Houston but Jerry Gray changes up the gameplan and they don't attack the Bucs' offence early perhaps worried about the heat factor, meanwhile the Tampa defence returning many starters from a superbowl squad just a few years prior throw so many different formations and coverages at JPL that he must have been thinking " I don't recall seeing any of this in the film room" enter Cadillac: say what you want to, this kid is going to be an elite runningback for years to come.

3) Atlanta game- Now Jerry Gray makes the decision defensivelly that had the games' outcome decided before it even began, after sitting back against Tampa he vows to "not make the same mistake again" with the Falcons, only problem is..

as Jim Kelly stated on the radio the other day, "you live with the blitz, you die by the blitz"

Bottom line- We knew that we were going to go as far as this defence was going to take us, right? well currently we are dead last in the NFL against the run and we just lost Spikes, lets all hope that we can depend on our secondary this season as it sure looks to me that we're gonna have to put eight men in the box for a large part of the games ahead! :(