Best Recent Football Movie

Redneckmoose22

Well, I'm new, and I'm not sure whether this has been a topic of discussion any time recently, but after watching a movie the other night, I think it only fair that we do this some justice. I watched "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and The Burt. Now I realize that this is a remake of the movie by the same title, from back in the 70's starring "The Burt", but I must say that Adam did right by this movie on all accounts. Now for those of you who are traditionalists, aka... OLD SCHOOL, you may not like this movie based on a number of things, but must it admit, it's wonderful. It gave a new perspective to the old story, but to me was hillarious, and moving. (Plus it helped that Chris Rock died! But we won't go there) So let's hear some feed back fellow TBDer's. It's worth the effort and could turn into and awful good debate.

Remember the Titans was a good flick too.

Well, I'm new, and I'm not sure whether this has been a topic of discussion any time recently, but after watching a movie the other night, I think it only fair that we do this some justice. I watched "The Longest Yard" with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and The Burt.    Now I realize that this is a remake of the movie by the same title, from back in the 70's starring "The Burt", but I must say that Adam did right by this movie on all accounts. Now for those of you who are traditionalists, aka... OLD SCHOOL, you may not like this movie based on a number of things, but must it admit, it's wonderful. It gave a new perspective to the old story, but to me was hillarious, and moving. (Plus it helped that Chris Rock died! But we won't go there) So let's hear some feed back fellow TBDer's. It's worth the effort and could turn into and awful good debate.

Remember the Titans was a good flick too.

459501[/snapback]

If you think the Longest yard is good compared to the original, then The Waterboy is Oscar material.

I never said it was BETTER than the original, I just stated that it is good by today's standards, and it also did the original justice.

Now for the Oscar winning "Waterboy"......... I pose one question and one question only........... my mamma, mmmy mamma, my mamma....... sh--, nevermind!

Did'nt really care for "The Longest Yard" . Football movies, generally speaking, are usually pretty predictable and heavely cliche'd. That said I was pleasantly surprised at "Friday Night Lights" My wife dragged me into the family room to watch it all the time me whining how lame football movies are. This one was very good though with Billy Bob Thorton.

I can't stand Adam Sandler movies, but this one was playing on the plane on the way home from Phoenix, so I had to watch. Although, I would never compare it to the original it was pretty good for an AS movie. He wasn't walking around acting like an idiot the entire time. I was actually pleasantly surprised.