Who will be Bush's next SCJ Nominee?

OnTheRocks

Janice Rogers Brown

So let's see....the liberals want a:

woman.

check

person of color.

check

I would want a front row seat to her confirmation hearings. My oh my.....that would be a battle. I suspect it might not be a bad choice for Bush....knowing she would likely get rejected after a certain Judiciary Hearing Lynching. And would allow Bush to come back with someone who still leans to the right but would be a little more tolerable to the left than someone who is right of the extreme right as Brown.

From the "Black Commentator"

You think Pres. Bush is going to set himself up to fail on the first try? Somehow, I think that's a complete 180* from his demonstrated personality. For all of his talk about trying to not be a partisan and to tone down the conflicts in Washington, Mr. Bush enjoys picking fights. I'm not trying say that's a bad thing... or maybe I am. But one thing's for certain; he's going to nominate who his staff, the RNC and his own gut (just as good as a brain, if you ask him) tell him to nominate. Given that he waited until after Roberts' confirmation to announce his second, I would guess we're going to see a hard-liner. And where the sh-- flies when he does, it's going to be "hasta lasagna hope ya don't get any on ya."

I see you attended the John Kerry school of debate.  :(

459365[/snapback]

Meant in the way that if you're a hardline Bush conservative, you want to see piss and vinegar and a Give-em-hell-Harry. But for the other 70 percent of the country, on the left and in the middle, his engagement slash incitement of political rancor puts them off. I can see why he is this way, but I don't necessarily agree with it.

Thanks for your interpretive commentary. You get 1 1/2 out of 4 stars. Half a star for an attack I didn't deserve, but one star for the use of 0:)!

You think Pres. Bush is going to set himself up to fail on the first try? Somehow, I think that's a complete 180* from his demonstrated personality. For all of his talk about trying to not be a partisan and to tone down the conflicts in Washington, Mr. Bush enjoys picking fights. I'm not trying say that's a bad thing... or maybe I am. But one thing's for certain; he's going to nominate who his staff, the RNC and his own gut (just as good as a brain, if you ask him) tell him to nominate. Given that he waited until after Roberts' confirmation to announce his second, I would guess we're going to see a hard-liner. And where the sh-- flies when he does, it's going to be "hasta lasagna hope ya don't get any on ya."

459354[/snapback]

Let's hope so. It'll be fun!