Serenity - You have to see this movie!

Fezmid

That's a good sign....they're pricing it for mass market sales, so must be doing really well on preorders!  Can't wait to fire that sumbitch up on the projector :lol:

510905[/snapback]

I'll be spoiled, because I saw the trailer in HD on the projector... And the DVD won't look anywhere near that good :D

CW

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be spoiled, because I saw the trailer in HD on the projector...  And the DVD won't look anywhere near that good :D

CW

510907[/snapback]

True.....until you get Serenity on Blu-ray :lol:

Do you get HDNet or HDMovies? They broadcast films that are like 20 and 30 years old sometimes that look AMAZING in 720p. I used to think it couldn't get much better than dvd's on my Denon 2900......boy was I wrong! Hockey looked so damn good on HDNet that I had to record part of it so I could use it as a demo for the projector when my brother comes over to check it out tomorrow lol.

Amazon reduced the price of the DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BW7QW...link%5Fcode=as1

It's ranked #14 in DVD sales so far.

And for the first time that I can remember, Firefly dropped to 16th...  Still great considering it's been out for years (it's the only one in the top 25 that has been out for any length of time; most are either preorders or have been out for only a few months).

CW

510814[/snapback]

Too bad they reduced it AFTER I bought it. :doh:

I bought the Serenity: The Official Visual Companion as well.

Too bad they reduced it AFTER I bought it. :w00t:

511396[/snapback]

It's still worth every penny :doh:

I know its abit late, but Sci-Fi had a Firefly marathon last night :lol:

Oh and Summer Glaus :w00t:

511505[/snapback]

You know, when Fez first posted pics of her I wasn't really all that taken....but she's really grown on me ;) Inara is still my favorite, but I think River has definitely taken over second place :doh:

You know, when Fez first posted pics of her I wasn't really all that taken....but she's really grown on me  :w00t:  Inara is still my favorite, but I think River has definitely taken over second place  :doh:

511515[/snapback]

Inara has got a funny looking mouth though. lol :lol:

Too bad they reduced it AFTER I bought it. :doh:

511396[/snapback]

Send Amazon a quick note about the price difference and they'll match it. I've done that with orders that already shipped a week or so beforehand.

CW

I've had it on, too.

511576[/snapback]

The wife and I just got done with the series on DVD that we borrowed. Definitely will be getting our own copy as well as the movie for Christmas time gifts for each other. This series is my favorite of Joss Whedon's work.

The wife and I just got done with the series on DVD that we borrowed.  Definitely will be getting our own copy as well as the movie for Christmas time gifts for each other.  This series is my favorite of Joss Whedon's work.

511582[/snapback]

Surprisingly good. It sort of grows on you.

Not like mold, though.

Hey...it's snowing in Washington DC. Cool. Looks good against the streetlights. Wish I had a fireplace.

Not like mold, though.

Hey...it's snowing in Washington DC. Cool. Looks good against the streetlights. Wish I had a fireplace.

511585[/snapback]

I agree. Although I don't know anything about mold growing on me :doh:

Cool that you are getting snow. Here in central Illinois, we just have windy and cold. Snow would be nice.

You telling me that with all your military experience you can't improvise a fireplace? :w00t:

Not like mold, though.

511585[/snapback]

I miss a nice the snow of the mid-Atlantic....I love that entie area, actually.....You just can't beat a nice, balanced four seasons, IMO.

I agree.  Although I don't know anything about mold growing on me  :doh:

Cool that you are getting snow.  Here in central Illinois, we just have windy and cold.  Snow would be nice.

You telling me that with all your military experience you can't improvise a fireplace?  :w00t:

511589[/snapback]

Don't really have the room for one. Doubt the landlord would appreciate, either. Plus, the last time I started a fire...

Never mind.