The perfect way to start last weekend

Harriet and I went to the ticket office and JP was there. I got greeted with a hug and the news that he had just been taken off the crutches and they gave him a bent metal cane and an air cast. His healing is ahead of schedule.

We didn't have a computer to let you all know. He was driving and extremely happy. Said it's a good thing it isn't his plant foot so it was pre game excitement. HE IS such a nice guy that he actually pulled over to sign autographs for everyone lined up down the driveway.

Harriet and I went to the ticket office and JP was there.  I got greeted with a hug and the news that he had just been taken off the crutches and they gave him a bent metal cane and an air cast.  His healing is ahead of schedule.

We didn't have a computer to let you all know. He was driving and extremely happy.  Said it's a good thing it isn't his plant foot so it was pre game excitement.  HE IS such a nice guy that he actually pulled over to sign autographs for everyone lined up down the driveway.

32668[/snapback]

Luckily he is as young as he is and will heal quickly. If it were Drew or Moulds, they would be out a lot longer.

I met him at the night practice at ERHS and he is one of the nicest people I have met. He signed autos for about 20 mins until they made him leave for the buses. I think he is one player that truly appreciates his career and fans.

Of all the players we've drafted in the last 20 years, I think I want this one (JP) to succeed more - by far - than any other one. This guy has all the physical tools to be a stud QB....I just hope he has it upstairs, too.

Yep.

A couple more years on the bench will do him good, or maybe even just this year.

32897[/snapback]

You gotta love the fact that this guy walks around with a chip on his shoulder, and he wasn't taken out of his game even a little bit during that first preseason game. He's got a huge sack, man.....We need that on this team. I like Bledsoe, but I just don't think he has the kind of presence to make others around him better. That's the one area I think JP really will be a lot like Jimbo. When Jim was QB for us, everyone who lined up with him knew damn well that they needed to give their best effort. I think that's why we continued to go to super bowls even with lesser-talented teams in the third and fourth years. Kelly held your ass accountable and didn't put up with anything less than your best effort. I think JP expects that of himself, and he's going to end up demanding that of others.....I like that

You gotta love the fact that this guy walks around with a chip on his shoulder, and he wasn't taken out of his game even a little bit  during that first preseason game. He's got a huge sack, man.....We need that on this team. I like Bledsoe, but I just don't think he has the kind of presence to make others around him better. That's the one area I think JP really will be a lot like Jimbo. When Jim was QB for us, everyone who lined up with him knew damn well that they needed to give their best effort. I think that's why we continued to go to super bowls even with lesser-talented teams in the third and fourth years. Kelly held your ass accountable and didn't put up with anything less than your best effort. I think JP expects that of himself, and he's going to end up demanding that of others.....I like that

32920[/snapback]

Plus we have the benefit of having JP from day one, whereas Kelly played in the USFL before coming here. That alone will make it all the more JPs team.

Plus we have the benefit of having JP from day one, whereas Kelly played in the USFL before coming here.  That alone will make it all the more JPs team.

32927[/snapback]

Good point.....and I'm glad you got rid of that damn avatar.....freaked me out every time I looked at it lol....only one worse is Hollywood Donahoe's lol

Good point.....and I'm glad you got rid of that damn avatar.....freaked me out every time I looked at it lol....only one worse is Hollywood Donahoe's lol

32932[/snapback]

Don't worry, I change my avatar every few weeks. I usually alternate between normal ones and then those ones that make people say WTF.

You can never go wrong with a Jim Kelly avatar.

Don't worry, I change my avatar every few weeks.  I usually alternate between normal ones and then those ones that make people say WTF.

You can never go wrong with a Jim Kelly avatar.

32938[/snapback]

Did you watch his HOF speech? I'm sure you did......I had a helluva time keeping from balling like a baby, man lol......I never knew how proud I was to be a fan of this team - and especially the Kelly years - until I saw that speech. Would have been great to have one of those trophies just for bragging rights, but it's okay......just being a part of that whole thing was pretty special.

Harriet and I went to the ticket office and JP was there.  I got greeted with a hug and the news that he had just been taken off the crutches and they gave him a bent metal cane and an air cast.  His healing is ahead of schedule.

We didn't have a computer to let you all know. He was driving and extremely happy.  Said it's a good thing it isn't his plant foot so it was pre game excitement.  HE IS such a nice guy that he actually pulled over to sign autographs for everyone lined up down the driveway.

32668[/snapback]

Why is it that the bills are always giving you hugs?

You gotta love the fact that this guy walks around with a chip on his shoulder, and he wasn't taken out of his game even a little bit  during that first preseason game. He's got a huge sack, man.....We need that on this team. I like Bledsoe, but I just don't think he has the kind of presence to make others around him better. That's the one area I think JP really will be a lot like Jimbo. When Jim was QB for us, everyone who lined up with him knew damn well that they needed to give their best effort. I think that's why we continued to go to super bowls even with lesser-talented teams in the third and fourth years. Kelly held your ass accountable and didn't put up with anything less than your best effort. I think JP expects that of himself, and he's going to end up demanding that of others.....I like that

32920[/snapback]

Can you please refrain from using the work "sack" when describing our new QB?

:)

Guest Guest_Shamrock_*

Well done Cindy. :)

I'm going in for my 6th knee arthroscope/ reconstruction and think Football is done for me, here comes bodybuilding :)

Well done Cindy.  :)

I'm going in for my 6th knee arthroscope/ reconstruction and think Football is done for me, here comes bodybuilding :)

33191[/snapback]

But your body is perfect now. When is it coming over for another visit?

Well I'm a hugger and sometimes ya just need a hug. It's someting you can't do yourself. I look at the eyes on the young kids when I ask if I can hug them. Like Sidbuff's and Big Ty's. You have to get these kids young to accept hugs. The players just get use to it.