Jamie Winborn coming to Buffalo???...

realtruelove

as per another message board-

Mike Francesca from Mike and the Maddog radio show on WFAN in NY said that the Cowboys contacted the 49ers about Jamie Winborn but were told that the Bills were close to acquiring him and were rebuffed.

458739[/snapback]

Damn, you TD! You SUCK!

</sarcasm>

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board will go nuts if the Bills trade away Antonio Gates...

458809[/snapback]

Look at what SF needs. They need a backup for Barlow and a oft injured Gore. Gates would give them the insurance they need. Their TE Bajerna or something like that doesn't have a catch yet.

Also I could see a WR getting packaged as well now that I look at it. Maybe Aiken, or God forbid our best receiver Reed, is Roscoe is ready. Although in my opinion sending Reed west would be a bad move.

Exactly. First we'd have to give up an arm and a leg to get him in a trade from the Chargers, and then immediately TD, since he is the worst GM in the league, would turn around and trade Antonio Gates for Jamie Winborn.

458821[/snapback]

Sorry Lionel Gates. :devil:

Sorry Lionel Gates.  :devil:

458827[/snapback]

You could probably get him for a #5 pick, or maybe a #4. We already have an extra #3. From what I know of Winborn, which isn't really all that much, a team would be pretty happy with that kind of athlete and play out of their #5 pick, and he'd be coming into his prime.

I don't know why the retard rodeo isn't all over this guy, I mean he made 104 tackles when only starting 10 games, he must be awesome!

You could probably get him for a #5 pick, or maybe a #4. We already have an extra #3. From what I know of Winborn, which isn't really all that much, a team would be pretty happy with that kind of athlete and play out of their #5 pick, and he'd be coming into his prime.

I don't know why the retard rodeo isn't all over this guy, I mean he made 104 tackles when only starting 10 games, he must be awesome!

458836[/snapback]

But do we want to give up the picks. Afterall we have 2 DT's , and the entire oline to draft next year. Except we'll probably draft 5 more WR' that are 5'7" and weigh 95 pounds with pads on.

458836[/snapback]

Problem is the rodeo hadn't heard of him before the trade rumors started...

Maybe a straight up player trade for Losman? San Fran could probably use a #3 QB... :devil:

Lionel Gates is the person I would bet heading west.  Maybe one of the TE's as well.

458803[/snapback]

Gates is a could be a good bet in this scenario. He performed well through most of the preseason and has since been delegated to 3rd string.

However if McGahee should get hurt this year it would only leave us with Williams. That reason alone could be a deal breaker.

Unless Everett is about to come back we do not have the depth at TE to move anyone off our roster.

I would not be surprised to see someone like George Wilson or Aiken go, packaged with a 4th or 5th round pick.

Is this guy any good? I looked up his stats but I know they do not convey much.

How would a trade sending Josh Reed over there sound ? I know this board will go ballistic on that idea but considering we are getting Parrish (unproven) back, SF does not have much of a receiving corps and that we really need some LB depth, this may not be too far fetched.

But do we want to give up the picks.  Afterall we have 2 DT's , and the entire oline to draft next year.  Except we'll probably draft 5 more WR' that are 5'7" and weigh 95 pounds with pads on.

458842[/snapback]

Well, if you think you're going to get a big stud talented sure thing DT in round five then no. Frankly, I like this Gates guy as a back-up to Willis. I may trade Josh Reed for Winborn but I'd like to have Parrish back first. I think Aiken stinks. I think because we have that extra pick that this is the way to go. The reasoning being that you know what kind of player Winborn is. With Posey going into his last year (next year) and TKO coming off an achilles heel injury, you're probably going to have to look for the draft to get a LB. If during the draft, you're in the fifth round, and suddenly jamie Winborn the three year vet is there, you're going to spend all your post draft press conferences gushing about what a steal that was. And it will likely show on the field.

Well, if you think you're going to get a big stud talented sure thing DT in round five then no. Frankly, I like this Gates guy as a back-up to Willis. I may trade Josh Reed for Winborn but I'd like to have Parrish back first. I think Aiken stinks. I think because we have that extra pick that this is the way to go. The reasoning being that you know what kind of player Winborn is. With Posey going into his last year (next year) and TKO coming off an achilles heel injury, you're probably going to have to look for the draft to get a LB. If during the draft, you're in the fifth round, and suddenly jamie Winborn the three year vet is there, you're going to spend all your post draft press conferences gushing about what a steal that was. And it will likely show on the field.

458856[/snapback]

I've seen SF play, but don't remember Winborn. They have a decent Dline, but seem to have a poor defense overall which either means their dline is over rated or their LBers suck. I am betting on the later of the two. In addition they play a 3-4 so he might be a Posey type. So how does that help replace a Spikes type? :devil:

458856[/snapback]

You are wise. He's basically an unknown to us but the football people obviously see some talent in addition to being a low risk gamble. It's probably a low round draft pick for his services. It's also TD looking a year ahead, knowing Spikes returning to his previous form isn't a sure thing.

Don't forget, we may receive a comp pick or two for losing Jennings and Pat Williams, in addition to the extra 3rd rounder for Henry.

If it is true, at least this proves they aren't willing to flush the season.

458770[/snapback]

Wait - you actually thought that the Bills were going to flush the season after 3 games? You actually thought that flushing the season was an option considered by the Bills' admin?

Please tell me that's not true.