Travis Henry

Frez

Did anyone know that Travis Henry was in the substance abuse program when he was here in Buffalo? He's a second time offender now with the Titans.

Travis Henry link

457393[/snapback]

Yes, teams are notified if a player is in the program. Given travis had two strikes, the Bills did well to get a 3rd rounder for him.

Maybe this is one of those things the GMs know about that we do not--and a big reason Donahoe may have had reservations about TH prompting him to take WM.

457489[/snapback]

I think that you are right.

The situation also makes me think that there are a ton of guys with "one strike." Maybe they party until the bitter end; unitl it would cost them lots of money.

Really, unless many others are in this same boat, how DID TD get a 3rd (and a probable early 3rd at that) for Travis?

The situation also makes me think that there are a ton of guys with "one strike." Maybe they party until the bitter end; unitl it would cost them lots of money.

Really, unless many others are in this same boat, how DID TD get a 3rd (and a probable early 3rd at that) for Travis?

457522[/snapback]

Actually you have it right.

Players go nuts with banned substances until they are caught the first time because they can get away with it. After that it's quit or take a hit.

The NFLs substance abuse policy is a joke.

Players go nuts with banned substances until they are caught the first time because they can get away with it. After that it's quit or take a hit.

457615[/snapback]

Good point nick...the NFL's isnt thatstrong, because a 4 game suspension is the result of a 3rd positive test believe...all sports need to increase their penalties, NFL included...i wouldnt mind seeing the olympic standards adapted to all american sports...

457615[/snapback]

Anybody know if it was performance enhancing? I doubt it was, probably some of that sticky icky.

457522[/snapback]

in all fairness, the only information the titans had before the trade was that henry was IN the program.......they did not know what step he was in, according to fisher........they attempted to find out and the league would not release the information........

Anybody know if it was performance enhancing? I doubt it was, probably some of that sticky icky.

457651[/snapback]

Either way - under Olympic rules he would be banned for a year if not more.

Rio Ferdinand - one of the best soccer players in this country was banned for 8 MONTHS for missing a test which he did eventually turn up for, albeit hours late. The circumstances were dodgy, but excusable and it was proved he was 100% clean. But a missed test over here = IMMEDIATE ban.

None of this pussying about the NFL does.