Angelo Crowell

I personally would rather see Stamer in there. When I'm watching the games it just seems like he is more fired up and usually in the right spot to make a play. I f I recall there was a bunch of us who were sayin that Stamer would have Poseys job by mid-season or so.

Bring in Stamer already!!!

None of the three are very good.  We'll see if Crowell can play the OLB, but he sucks on the inside, where he is slotted as the backup.  He can't shed blocks, which he needs to do since Edwards has no ability to control the gap.

457228[/snapback]

What happened to all that preseason talk (not necc from you) about how we had the best backup linebackers in the league?

None of the three are very good.  We'll see if Crowell can play the OLB, but he sucks on the inside, where he is slotted as the backup.  He can't shed blocks, which he needs to do since Edwards has no ability to control the gap.

457228[/snapback]

Crowell backing up Fletcher was a nightmare; he was out of position unblocked as well. He seemed to do better subbing for TKO; made some mistakes, but also made some good plays.

Count me among the surprised Stamer wasn't in there for TKO; I guess we know who the coaches think is top backup.

I don't expect anything near the playmaking and dominance that TKO can bring, but I think Crowell will be alright... time to justify that 3rd round pick anyways. I'll be happy if he's competent and doesn't hurt us with his play. I really hate seeing TKO gone, but losing him doesn't kill the season. OLB isn't as critical a position to fill as say DT, plus in theory we have plenty of other leaders on D.

Who cares about AC?   Rico, what I want to know is, "how were the Stones in TO??!" :w00t:

457321[/snapback]

Couldn't make it ... but I shall be at Hershey Park, MCI (DC), U of Virginia, Duke U., + Wachovia 1 & 2 (Philly) over the next two weeks. :doh:

I love living in the Mid-Atlantic East Coast region! :flirt: