Like horror movies? Watch Ju-On!

Fezmid

I saw Grudge in the theaters and thought it was a pretty good movie. My wife hates horror movies but agreed to go with me to watch it last year -- she hated it (too scary). I thought it was pretty creepy, but not terribly so.

I knew that The Grudge was a remake of a Japanese movie called Ju-On, so I decided to pick it up and see if it was better or not. Holy crap, this movie is SCARY and CREEPY! EXCELLENT movie if you like that sort of thing. I'm in the house alone and I'm still glancing over my shoulder, half expecting to see some creepy looking kid...

Most American horror movies just have things flying out of the screen at you with loud noises. Not this one (although it does that from time to time as well). It's just... Creepy.

Definately worth watching, even if you have to read the subtitles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364385/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

CW

I saw Grudge in the theaters and thought it was a pretty good movie.  My wife hates horror movies but agreed to go with me to watch it last year -- she hated it (too scary).  I thought it was pretty creepy, but not terribly so.

I knew that The Grudge was a remake of a Japanese movie called Ju-On, so I decided to pick it up and see if it was better or not.  Holy crap, this movie is SCARY and CREEPY!  EXCELLENT movie if you like that sort of thing.  I'm in the house alone and I'm still glancing over my shoulder, half expecting to see some creepy looking kid...

Most American horror movies just have things flying out of the screen at you with loud noises.  Not this one (although it does that from time to time as well).  It's just... Creepy.

Definately worth watching, even if you have to read the subtitles.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364385/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

CW

457210[/snapback]

I think I'll just stick to Bills games for my horror fix...

Im a big horror/sci-fi movie fan. I settled down to watch Ju-on on DTV a few months ago and I honestly couldnt get through it. Not because it was bad but because it was giving me the jitters. Too creepy for me. At least it was that day. Maybe I was just too sensitive that day or something but I was by myself just laying in bed watching in during the day. No reason to get too creeped out but that is a eerie flick. The last time I can remember being that freaked out over a horror flick was "Blair Witch Project". I was visiting my mother who, by coincidence, lives out in the woods(nice house btw) outside of Huntsville, Ont. A couple hundred miles north of Toronto. Point is, in the middle of no where in the woods, totally black outside about 12 midnight watching this thing. Again by myself.

Im a big horror/sci-fi movie fan. I settled down to watch Ju-on on DTV a few months ago  and I honestly couldnt get through it. Not because it was bad but because it was giving me the jitters. Too creepy for me. At least it was that day. Maybe I was just too sensitive that day or something but I was by myself just laying in bed watching in during the day. No reason to get too creeped out but that is a eerie flick. The last time I can remember being that freaked out over a horror flick was "Blair Witch Project". I was visiting my mother who, by coincidence, lives out in the woods(nice house btw) outside of Huntsville, Ont.  A couple hundred miles north of Toronto. Point is, in the middle of no where in the woods, totally black outside about 12 midnight watching this thing. Again by myself.

457565[/snapback]

when I went to see Blair Witch, there were all sorts of unruly teens in there ruining the flick....it really pissed me off. I ended up watching it again a couple years later, but since I already knew what happened it just wasn't a great experience. I wanted to much to be able to get involved with that movie.....damn KIDS.

I really respect what the filmmakers did with that movie, though....so many horror flicks rely on cheap thrills and gimmickery, but this one really played to your senses without insulting your intelligence.

when I went to see Blair Witch, there were all sorts of unruly teens in there ruining the flick....it really pissed me off. I ended up watching it again a couple years later, but since I already knew what happened it just wasn't a great experience. I wanted to much to be able to get involved with that movie.....damn KIDS.

I really respect what the filmmakers did with that movie, though....so many horror flicks rely on cheap thrills and gimmickery, but this one really played to your senses without insulting your intelligence.

457598[/snapback]

When I watched Blair Witch I had to leave the theatre because I felt sea sick!! All that damn jiggly camera

When I watched Blair Witch I had to leave the theatre because I felt sea sick!! All that damn jiggly camera

457607[/snapback]

The hand-held thing really bothered me when I saw 'Friday Night Lights'.....so I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks for the links. I've been meaning to look that up, and just never have gotten around to it.

It doesn't have Buffy, though.  :lol:

457704[/snapback]

The actress that plays Rika in Ju-On is much better than Buffy. I didn't think SMG did that great a job in Grudge, personally.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one freaked out. At least I was man enough to make it through the entire movie though :lol:

I didn't like Blair Witch -- I agree with Nick on that one.

CW

The actress that plays Rika in Ju-On is much better than Buffy.  I didn't think SMG did that great a job in Grudge, personally.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one freaked out.  At least I was man enough to make it through the entire movie though :lol:

I didn't like Blair Witch -- I agree with Nick on that one.

CW

458069[/snapback]

Actress might be better, I just have have SMG on my "women I'd like to sleep with" list.