e-mail I got at work from one of my

erynthered

Na, I do find it funny though, that you're defending the media.

457739[/snapback]

I think that if we didn't have a media, the hurricane would still have happened, the response at multiple levels would have been poor and people would still have died. Accordingly, I do not blame the media. If that constitutes a defense of the media, fine, I am "defending" them.

The right has been blaming "the media" for everything for so long now it is practically a reflex. Nothing republicans ever do is bad, the media just makes it look that way. Nothing democrats ever do is good, the media just makes it look that way. Over and over and over. It is the conservative equivalent of

FLIGHTSUIT.

I sometimes think that if we simply agreed that from here on in the media officially sucks so that it need not be repeated, we would elimenate about 50% of the posts on the board and maybe have more time to discuss actual issues like how do you evacuate a city of a couple of million people in the face of a rapidly approaching category 5 hurricane?

I sometimes think that if we simply agreed that from here on in the media officially sucks so that it need not be repeated, we would elimenate about 50% of the posts on the board and maybe have more time to discuss actual issues like how do you evacuate a city of a couple of million people in the face of a rapidly approaching category 5 hurricane?

457923[/snapback]

And imagine if the media didn't suck, and we could concentrate on real questions like that on a national level.

The problem is, they DO suck. And thus, we can't reflect on the most appropriate way for a municipality to prepare for and respond to a monster hurricane, because we're too busy following the finger-pointing. The media may not be at fault, but they sure as hell don't help either.

I think that if we didn't have a media, the hurricane would still have happened, the response at multiple levels would have been poor and people would still have died.  Accordingly, I do not blame the media.  If that constitutes a defense of the media, fine, I am "defending" them.

The right has been blaming "the media" for everything for so long now it is practically a reflex.  Nothing republicans ever do is bad, the media just makes it look that way.  Nothing democrats ever do is good, the media just makes it look that way.  Over and over and over.  It is the conservative equivalent of

FLIGHTSUIT. 

457923[/snapback]

Have you read the papers today or yesterday? The Media is saying they screwed up on their coverage.

And please, don't give me that "if we didn't post something bullshiit " You're just as guilty of inciting the populace here Mr. Gore lover.

Here's one article

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/28/Columns/...s_exagger.shtml

Teach a man to loot a sporting goods store, and you've apparently fed about 20 men for a lifetime. 

457784[/snapback]

Teach a man to cash his welfare check and he'll never ever work another day in his life. And when his children earn the same type of living he'll be accused of nepotism. :devil:

See, it all depends on what channel you watch.

457892[/snapback]

And here I thought that PNN lost their funding when Yeltsin came in. Is that on digital cable or do you need the dish?

2 things:

1. Proletariat News Network in case you were wondering.

2. I don't know/care how to spell proletariet but i probably have a 50% hit rate.