Successful season with JP

ans4e64

I cant believe people are calling for Losman's head already. When is basically a rookie QB supposed to come out of the gates on all cylinders? The only one to even do well in the history of the NFL was last year with Ben Roethlisberger, and he only threw like 15 times a game. Obviously it is expected that Losman's performance this year will be below average.

Look at Eli Manning, last year he was so bad that his own teamates felt sorry for him, and look at him now, he's the man!!!. Same thing with Peyton, im not sure but i think he threw around 20 interceptions his rookie year.

So my point being, why bother drafting QB's if your gunna yank em 3 games into the season? A player has to develop sometime. I wouldnt care if JP played like this every game for the rest of the season, he still needs to be in there, if you pull him your just giving up on a 1st round pick for no reason. The only argument i can understand is the need to be competitive with our defense and McGahee. But how long are you going to wait to put this kid in there? So everybody needs to just relax a bit and ride the year out, i mean really think about it for a min........... did you really expect JP to come in here and lead the team into the playoffs and superbowl?

I cant believe people are calling for Losman's head already. When is basically a rookie QB supposed to come out of the gates on all cylinders? The only one to even do well in the history of the NFL was last year with Ben Roethlisberger, and he only threw like 15 times a game. Obviously it is expected that Losman's performance this year will be below average.

Look at Eli Manning, last year he was so bad that his own teamates felt sorry for him, and look at him now, he's the man!!!. Same thing with Peyton, im not sure but i think he threw around 20 interceptions his rookie year.

So my point being, why bother drafting QB's if your gunna yank em 3 games into the season? A player has to develop sometime. I wouldnt care if JP played like this every game for the rest of the season, he still needs to be in there, if you pull him your just giving up on a 1st round pick for no reason. The only argument i can understand is the need to be competitive with our defense and McGahee. But how long are you going to wait to put this kid in there? So everybody needs to just relax a bit and ride the year out, i mean really think about it for a min........... did you really expect JP to come in here and lead the team into the playoffs and superbowl?

456912[/snapback]

I would question where you state the only the rookie to do well IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL (emphasis, mine) was Ben R., I would ask you to look back at Joe Ferguson's rookie year when he went 9-5 during a fourteen game season. And by the way, JP is not a rookie, although I realize he didn't get many snaps last year in game time. Not meant to be slam at JP, I think the Bills should stick with him, for a while at least. He does need to show some glimmer of promise, other than that which he showed against the Texans. (who have turned out to be what seems like the worst team in professional football)

I would question where you state the only the rookie to do well IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL (emphasis, mine) was Ben R., I would ask you to look back at Joe Ferguson's rookie year when he went 9-5 during a fourteen game season.  And by the way, JP is not a rookie, although I realize he didn't get many snaps last year in game time.  Not meant to be slam at JP, I think the Bills should stick with him,  for a while at least.  He does need to show some glimmer of promise, other than that which he showed against the Texans.  (who have turned out to be what seems like the worst team in professional football)

456927[/snapback]

I was a little unclear, what i meant was that the rookie QB who performed the best or had the best record only threw a minimal amount per game.

456912[/snapback]

Good post. Too bad JP isn't a rookie.

omg guys seriously, I KNOW HE'S NOT A ROOKIE thats why i said "BASICALLY" a rookie

456943[/snapback]

Tom Brady won the Super Bowl with as much experience as JP going into his 2nd season

Daunte Culpepper had a good 2nd season with basically the same experience as JP.

It can be done. The biggest problem I've seen is JP is throwing like Steve Blass did when he completely lost home plate with the Pirates. A QB who is inaccurate as often as JP has been can not play very long in the NFL. JP has about another 10 weeks before it is put up or shut up time. Right now he's still in the honeymoon stage, but the bride is about to put him out on the couch in the honeymoon suite unless he starts performing.

Favre did well his 1st season starting, Brady did damn good his first season starting, Brooks did better than average his 1st year starting, Griese was okay his first year starting. Again these wre all 2nd year players who didn't start until their second years. And they all put up average to above average starting numbers.

Now the jury is out and should be and JP should continue starting, but that is what you have to compare him to. Some overall very average NFL QB's and some pretty good ones.

I would question where you state the only the rookie to do well IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL (emphasis, mine) was Ben R., I would ask you to look back at Joe Ferguson's rookie year when he went 9-5 during a fourteen game season.  And by the way, JP is not a rookie, although I realize he didn't get many snaps last year in game time.  Not meant to be slam at JP, I think the Bills should stick with him,  for a while at least.  He does need to show some glimmer of promise, other than that which he showed against the Texans.  (who have turned out to be what seems like the worst team in professional football)

456927[/snapback]

Wasn't that the year OJ ran for 2000? If so, bad analogy.

I agree with your point, just need to use a better example.

The biggest problem I've seen is JP is throwing like Steve Blass did when he completely lost home plate with the Pirates.

457012[/snapback]

Exactly. The mental mistakes I expect and can live with. The physical mistakes are unacceptable, and, now that they have lasted for two whole games, downright scary. Can anyone remember if what happened to Blass, Rick Ankiel, Chuck Knoblauch, and Steve Sax ever happened to an NFL QB?

Tom Brady won the Super Bowl with as much experience as JP going into his 2nd season

Daunte Culpepper had a good 2nd season with basically the same experience as JP.

It can be done.  The biggest problem I've seen is JP is throwing like Steve Blass did when he completely lost home plate with the Pirates.  A QB who is inaccurate as often as JP has been can not play very long in the NFL.  JP has about another 10 weeks before it is put up or shut up time.  Right now he's still in the honeymoon stage, but the bride is about to put him out on the couch in the honeymoon suite unless he starts performing.

457012[/snapback]

No...... its not the same thing, you guys forget JP was injured for a long time last year. He sat back in the film room but that does nothing if you cant get reps and work at it in practice, this is the first time that JP is going through a lot of these motions, its not the same

457012[/snapback]

Brady suited up his whole rookie year. There's a world of difference between that - running the #2 offense - and watching with a broken leg. Even so, he was slated to sit his second year too.

It can be done.  The biggest problem I've seen is JP is throwing like Steve Blass did when he completely lost home plate with the Pirates.  A QB who is inaccurate as often as JP has been can not play very long in the NFL.  JP has about another 10 weeks before it is put up or shut up time.  Right now he's still in the honeymoon stage, but the bride is about to put him out on the couch in the honeymoon suite unless he starts performing.

457012[/snapback]

B I N G O...why the FEAR of Holcomb (showing UP ) J. P.?? He`s part of the TEAM too!