And Then There Were 22

IDBillzFan

After starting with over 190 participants in the "Dinner's On Me, Smartass" competition, we are now down to 22 people following yesterday's end-of-the-world-we-should-start-holcumbe-JP-is-inaccurate-Willis-needs-new-shoes-w-t-f-is going-on-here loss to Atlanta. Of the 22 braintrusts who predicted we would open with a win and follow it up with two losses, it seems 17 of you believe we will beat New Orleans and five of you believe we will lose.

With that, I would like to add that yesterday's match-up was the Retatta of football games, but just because you ate it doesn't mean you have to puke it up all over this message board the next day. Lighten it up, wouldcha, people?

With that, I would like to add that yesterday's match-up was the Retatta of football games, but just because you ate it doesn't mean you have to puke it up all over this message board the next day. Lighten it up, wouldcha, people?

455849[/snapback]

I puked it up last night. :devil:

I feel much more better today. :lol:

My predictions were:

Sep 11 Houston Tie

Sep 18 @Tampa Bay Tie

Sep 25 Atlanta Loss

Oct 2 @New Orleans Win

Oct 9 miami WIN

Oct 16 N.Y. Jets Tie

Oct 23 @Oakland Tie

Oct 30 @New England Tie

Week 9 BYE

Nov 13 Kansas City Tie

Nov 20 @San Diego Tie

Nov 27 Carolina Tie

Dec 4 @miami Win

Dec 11 New England Win

Dec 17 Denver Tie

Dec 24 @Cincinnati Tie

Jan 1 @N.Y. Jets Rained out and made up as part of an 06 seson opening doubleheader

Record 4-1-10

If you ignore the number of W/L/T's and just focus on the total, you'll notice mine is 15. I'm probably the only one that predicted 15 total games. Now factor in that we ARE NOT PLAYING AT NEW ORLEANS as the schedule had outlined. This means that, technically, our total will be only 15. This renders all entries moot and your "schedule" a fraud.

I can either file a class action suit on behalf of all entrants to this fraudulent sweepstakes or you can just cough up that dinner to me based on the total of 15. It's up to you.

My predictions were:

Sep 11 Houston Tie

Sep 18 @Tampa Bay Tie

Sep 25 Atlanta Loss

Oct 2 @New Orleans Win

Oct 9 miami WIN

Oct 16 N.Y. Jets Tie

Oct 23 @Oakland Tie

Oct 30 @New England Tie

Week 9 BYE

Nov 13 Kansas City Tie

Nov 20 @San Diego Tie

Nov 27 Carolina Tie

Dec 4 @miami Win

Dec 11 New England Win

Dec 17 Denver Tie

Dec 24 @Cincinnati Tie

Jan 1 @N.Y. Jets Rained out and made up as part of an 06 seson opening doubleheader

Record 4-1-10

If you ignore the number of W/L/T's and just focus on the total, you'll notice mine is 15.  I'm probably the only one that predicted 15 total games.  Now factor in that we ARE NOT PLAYING AT NEW ORLEANS as the schedule had outlined.  This means that, technically, our total will be only 15.  This renders all entries moot and your "schedule" a fraud. 

I can either file a class action suit on behalf of all entrants to this fraudulent sweepstakes or you can just cough up that dinner to me based on the total of 15.  It's up to you.

456668[/snapback]

For you, the dinner should be rettata.

Interestingly, that is 2 people shy of 1/8 of the starting total... just what you would have predicted if everyone chose randomly...

456735[/snapback]

Somebody posted a few days ago that the odds of accurately picking the exact w-l game-by-game over 16 games was something like 0.00005 to one.

Still, that's better than the odds of getting hit on the head by a meteor. :D

Somebody posted a few days ago that the odds of accurately picking the exact w-l  game-by-game over 16 games was something like 0.00005 to one.

456771[/snapback]

I'm still not taking off my helmet.

Somebody posted a few days ago that the odds of accurately picking the exact w-l  game-by-game over 16 games was something like 0.00005 to one.

456771[/snapback]

That's why I picked all of those ties. It was pointless to try the W/L thing.

It also gives me great comfort knowing that there is even less chance I'll be hit by a met....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Son of a.........