Kicked out of Ralph for wearing...

theesir

I just heard it alluded to on the radio and then someone called in and confirmed that they were booted from the Ralph for wearing Ron Mexico Jerseys.

Can anyone confirm this that was there. This just seems too ridiculous to be true. :devil:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't confirm that, but there certainly were a lot of R. Mexico chants...

"Vick has herpes...clap clap...clap clap clap"

The Falcons fans in the Rockpile got all kinds of sh--...not sure, but I assume that the huge scuffle between fans and security in the Rockpile right by the scoreboard had something to do with some ATL fans seated there during the game.

Was in 1st row and two of us were wearing sombreros (one of which that guy dressed as the Buffalo borrowed for a little while until he got his own).

Had a sign with "Ron Mexico: Sore Loser with a Dirty Bird" on one side and "Pluck the Falcons" on the other. One security guy made me turn it to side B when he came around, most others just pretended that they didn't see it.

It's possible that a Barney Fife type might have enforced "official (NFL PC)" policy but most likely it never happened or there were additional extenuating factors that caused them to eject him.

Was in 1st row and two of us were wearing sombreros (one of which that guy dressed as the Buffalo borrowed for a little while until he got his own).

Had a sign with "Ron Mexico: Sore Loser with a Dirty Bird" on one side and "Pluck the Falcons" on the other.  One security guy made me turn it to side B when he came around, most others just pretended that they didn't see it. 

It's possible that a Barney Fife type might have enforced "official (NFL PC)" policy but most likely it never happened or there were additional extenuating factors that caused them to eject him.

455858[/snapback]

funny...you must be the guys i saw

Yes, the dude has an STD.  If that makes some people feel better about themselves, it's pretty pathetic, especially considering he ran all over our football team.

455852[/snapback]

I don't think anyone would make light of the fact that he has an STD. Obviously, he got it from some chick and that sucks. But the whole story of him hiding behind a name to visit the doctor and pick up his prescriptions makes it funny, because the name he chose is Ron Mexico. I understand he wants to protect his privacy and was probably emabarrassed about it, but he could've just picked a name like Darrell Smith and it wouldn't even be a story.

If I'm juvenile because I think the name is great/hilarious, then so be it. I'm not laughing at the guy's misfortune, I'm laughing at the way he handled it.

It gets one's ass kicked almost as much as stupidity.

Yes, the dude has an STD.  If that makes some people feel better about themselves, it's pretty pathetic, especially considering he ran all over our football team.

455852[/snapback]

I was debating this fact during the entire game. I found a certain bit of satisfaction knowing that he has an STD while he was running all over our football team. I was thinking the same thing, "So what, just because he has herpes doesn't mean we're going to win the game." I was trying to rationalize why I shouldn't make fun of him because he has herpes. That I shouldn't make fun of him because he not only acquired a disease that was 100 percent preventable but also had unprotected sex with a woman knowing that he could quite possibly infect her with herpes. As I was pondering this, I started looking around the stadium at all the naive young kids who were wearing the jersey of a guy who has herpes. That is their role model. The person they aspire to be like. In the grand scheme of things, the Bills loss was minor. Mike Vick's ability to play football won't last forever, but he will always have herpes. And people will always for some reason idolize him. In my opinion, that's why the Ron Mexico thing will never get old.

I just heard it alluded to on the radio and then someone called in and confirmed that they were booted from the Ralph for wearing Ron Mexico Jerseys.

Can anyone confirm this that was there. This just seems too ridiculous to be true. :devil:

455826[/snapback]

If it is true the guy who was "bounced" for wearing Ron Mexico wear is only telling half the story. Like he was hammered or his shirt said !@#$ MEXICO or something similar.

I wore mine. No problem....maybe because the Mexico was on the back. I even took it off and waved it in front of the Falcons a zillion times. I'm sure Vick saw it. (We're only 7 rows up in the tunnel endzone). The guy in front of me was asked to stop displaying his WGR "I am Ron Mexico" card. :devil:

I was debating this fact during the entire game.  I found a certain bit of satisfaction knowing that he has an STD while he was running all over our football team.  I was thinking the same thing, "So what, just because he has herpes doesn't mean we're going to win the game."  I was trying to rationalize why I shouldn't make fun of him because he has herpes.  That I shouldn't make fun of him because he not only acquired a disease that was 100 percent preventable but also had unprotected sex with a woman knowing that he could quite possibly infect her with herpes.  As I was pondering this, I started looking around the stadium at all the naive young kids who were wearing the jersey of a guy who has herpes.  That is their role model.  The person they aspire to be like.  In the grand scheme of things, the Bills loss was minor.  Mike Vick's ability to play football won't last forever, but he will always have herpes.  And people will always for some reason idolize him.  In my opinion, that's why the Ron Mexico thing will never get old.

455869[/snapback]

Sure. You're right. However, what it has to do with the guy's ability to absolutely baffle our defense remains a mystery to me. I would take Michael Vick for my team in a minute, as lousy of a quarterback as he is, because he makes things happen on the football field. He is a fascinating athlete who can win games and take a team to the playoffs.

Poking fun at the herpes thing while simultaneously watching him school our supposed GOAT defense kind of rings hollow for me, I guess.

To be blunt, Mike Vick having herpes HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL. I'm ashamed that any Bills fans would stoop to this level and show their lack of class.

455969[/snapback]

!Class! !We don't need no steenkin' class! Ron Mexico is the one who laid the herpes on that unsuspecting senorita. !Viva Ron Mexico!

I wore mine. No problem....maybe because the Mexico was on the back. I even took it off and waved it in front of the Falcons a zillion times. I'm sure Vick saw it. (We're only 7 rows up in the tunnel endzone). The guy in front of me was asked to stop displaying his WGR "I am Ron Mexico" card.  :o

455964[/snapback]

Who do you think you are, Brandi Chastain?