Q: Outsourcing? A: INSOURCING! (LAMP)

Terry Tate

Q: Outsourcing? A: Insourcing!

Just got a job offer for a worldwide software company HQ'ed in France (!) at a location here in Florida. Sounds like a very demanding job (but normal working hours) with good compensation - hope it works out. I'm certainly going to do everything I can.

I've been sweating out the last year big time. I was making very good money in California, but the demands of the job were extreme in regards to hours and shifts, and most importantly, we had no family within 350 miles. I quit my job, sold my house and moved my family to Florida. With no degree, I was unable to get any good job offers, so I spent a large amount of what money I had left taking courses at a local commercial tech training school to get some certifications. I'm still working on them, but as soon as the basic certifications showed up on my resume, I began getting calls for interviews. Finally got an offer today.

Now I can continue to work on school and career goals without the constant stress of watching the savings account dwindle.

What a great day! Viva La France!

It's been a long year. Now I need to get cleaned up and take the family out to dinner.

Just got a job offer for a worldwide software company HQ'ed in France (!) at a location here in Florida. Sounds like a very demanding job (but normal working hours) with good compensation - hope it works out. I'm certainly going to do everything I can.

455819[/snapback]

Be careful your new company doesn't end up surrendering to Microsoft...

It's wonderful news on the job for you and your family. I hope your wingnut friends here at PPP will forgive any perceived compromise of principles that may - or may not - have taken place in order for your to avail yourself of the excellent opportunity offered by the [sneer] French. :devil:

But seriously it's good to see your hard work pay off. It usually does! :lol: