2004 First 3 Games

100 Yards Rushing Per Game

174 Yards Passing Per game

10 offensive points (including PAT) Per Game

2005 First 3 Games

124 Yards Rushing Per Game

100 Yards Passing Per Game

13.6 offensive points (including PAT) Per Game

So the offense averaged 50 more yards a game last year and 3.6 less points. Call me crazy but I see JP improving on that 100 yards substantially as the season progresses. As it stands were scoring 13.6 points a game with literally no passing game. It’s early folks, were 1-0 in the AFC, and contrary to popular opinion pets heads are not falling off.

Let's see what it looks like at the end of the year including wins and losses.

I really hope that we can turn it around.

455744[/snapback]

At least we can look at the points scored and yardage being produced and know that if the passing game does turn around 20 points per game isn't out of the question.

Maybe the stars will line up just like last year and we'll catch the bottom third of the NFL for six out of seven weeks.

Silly comparisons.  Very silly.

455756[/snapback]

I'm just trying to find a ray of light in this sh-- storm. Hard to accept that were back to the wait until next year talk after three weeks.

I'm just trying to find a ray of light in this sh-- storm. Hard to accept that were back to the wait until next year talk after three weeks.

455776[/snapback]

It's the retard rollercoaster, Mike. Every loss is the end of the world, every win is one step closer to the top of the mountain. You know better! :devil:

2004 First 3 Games

100 Yards Rushing Per Game

174 Yards Passing Per game

10 offensive points (including PAT) Per Game

2005 First 3 Games

124 Yards Rushing Per Game

100 Yards Passing Per Game

13.6 offensive points (including PAT) Per Game

So the offense averaged 50 more yards a game last year and 3.6 less points. Call me crazy but I see JP improving on that 100 yards substantially as the season progresses. As it stands were scoring 13.6 points a game with literally no passing game. It’s early folks, were 1-0 in the AFC, and contrary to popular opinion pets heads are not falling off.

455740[/snapback]

We still played alot better last year up to this point. We were in all four games! We have been blown out twice. Yes, I consider an 8 point difference at home a blowout.

Maybe the stars will line up just like last year and we'll catch the bottom third of the NFL for six out of seven weeks.

Silly comparisons.  Very silly.

455756[/snapback]

Maybe not, but I really don't think our schedule is as difficult as many have made it out to be. Carolina, while good, is not (at this time) a legitimate SB threat like people predicted. Denver isn't that great. The Jets suck ass. The Raiders are winless. San Diego is better than their record, but they don't strike me as an elite team either. Cinci, Kansas City and our 2 Pats games are really the only games which I look at and say, "that's a definite L"...and that's saying something considering how badly the Bills are capable of playing.

Maybe not, but I really don't think our schedule is as difficult as many have made it out to be. Carolina, while good, is not (at this time) a legitimate SB threat like people predicted. Denver isn't that great. The Jets suck ass. The Raiders are winless. San Diego is better than their record, but they don't strike me as an elite team either. Cinci, Kansas City and our 2 Pats games are really the only games which I look at and say, "that's a definite L"...and that's saying something considering how badly the Bills are capable of playing.

I tend to agree with you MD, as I don't see this gaping chasm which many seem to see as separating the difference in difficulty between our first half and second half schedules.

And by December I have some hope that we might be able to give the Patriots some trouble here at home, while having a bye before the Chiefs game might help us out some too.

We still played alot better last year up to this point.  We were in all four games!  We have been blown out twice.  Yes, I consider an 8 point difference at home a blowout.

455788[/snapback]

:devil::lol::lol::ph34r::w00t:

So losing at home by 8 this year is a "blowout".

But losing at home by 14 last year we were "in" it.

Do you ever get tired of making no sense whatsoever?

I think people can get a general sense of the team regardless of stats though. In 2003 - after we started off quickly and then lost a few games - I was pretty sure we were going to finish less 7-9 or worse because we were losing badly or barely winning (such as the win against the Bengals in overtime). Then last year - even when we were 0-4, I knew we were much better than our record indicated (kinda like this year's Raiders). Plus we had a tough early schedule and an easier late schedule. I thought we would finish around 8-8 because we were competitive in most of the games. This year - we are 1-2. We won comfortably over the Texans (who appear to be the worst team in the league) and we got dominated by two teams - one of which was devastated by injuries. (I liked how the commentators kept pointing out that the Falcons' starting cornerbacks were on the street without a job just a few weeks ago.) Eight points may not seem like domination but the Falcons controlled that game. I'd like to see how we look against the Saints (a mediocre to bad team) and the Dolphins (much tougher than I expected). If we look bad in those games - even we squeak out a victory against the Saints - we will probably go 6-10 or worse this year.