most here seem to be girly men

dave mcbride

they're freaking 1-2!! If they beat a mediocre saints team next week and a mediocre miami team the week following, they'll be 3-2!! With a bad jets team on deck at home!! that could mean 4-2!!

one way to interpret this: there is a changing of the guard going on, with teams like atlanta and tampa beginning to shift the tide back to the nfc. the afc has been on top for a while, and overall is still probably better. but it goes in cycles. atlanta and tampa (for instance) have lots of good young talent and their time is now. carolina is good too, despite being 1-2 (!). they beat the patriots relatively easily. also, atlanta beat the eagles, a team that -- dare i say it -- is much better than the bills! the point is that these teams are a good bit better than people expected them to be. tampa also has one of the best coaches in the league. so one shouldn't get too down on nonconference losses against good teams. if the bills lose the next two games, then yeah, i'd start to worry. but if they lose to NO and then win their home games against miami and the jets, they'll be 3-3, 3-0 in the conference, and 2-0 in the division. that's not bad postioning for a playoff run.

i'll be the first to admit that i don't think the bills will reach the playoffs. they could, though, and a 1-2 record is not a big deal. let's start focusing on new orleans. atlanta is history.

atlanta and tampa (for instance) have lots of good young talent and their time is now. 

455491[/snapback]

Not according to the Madden 2006 croud! :(

Atlanta's a lot better than I thought (must be the exorcism of Peerless) and seem better than last year's NFC Championship runner-up team. Tampa with a running game is going to be the surprise team of 2005.

Is that an excuse? No. But the majority of the posts I've read from "doomers" since the game ended is that we played a couple of JV teams the past two weeks.

they're freaking 1-2!! If they beat a mediocre saints team next week and a mediocre miami team the week following, they'll be 3-2!! With a bad jets team on deck at home!! that could mean 4-2

some how the way things are going right now that doesn't seem likely.

maybe we'll be the saints, i sure hope we do

miami just beat carolina, so either carolina stinks or miami is no push over.

jets are still solid, and if we don't play well we'll lose.

i say right now we're lucky to go 2-1 over the next three.

*note: a week ago I would have entirely assumed we would go 3-0

455508[/snapback]

But a little adversity and you fold like a tent.

455508[/snapback]

as far as i can tell, the jets no longer have an nfl-caliber qb. as well, the bills have beaten them two seasons in a row at the ralph, and match up well against them at home. the dolphins aren't bad, but they aren't good either. they have the look of a 7-9/8-8 team, and you can bet that most of those losses will come on the road. the saints is the most difficult one, i think, but all the same it's one i'm prepared to concede because it's a less impactful game. that said, while they're talented, they're also sloppy and undisciplined. in other words, very beatable.

Atlanta's a lot better than I thought (must be the exorcism of Peerless) and seem better than last year's NFC Championship runner-up team.  Tampa with a running game is going to be the surprise team of 2005.   

455504[/snapback]

No way, Atlanta is a team that we should have easily beat yesterday. The are not that good and for us to lose to them at home is really bad. They have a one dimensional offense and a defense that was missing their top guys. If Atlanta is as good as you think, we're in deep crap because we got probably 7 teams left on our schedule that are far better then the Falcons.

No way, Atlanta is a team that we should have easily beat yesterday. The are not that good and for us to lose to them at home is really bad. They have a one dimensional offense and a defense that was missing their top guys. If Atlanta is as good as you think, we're in deep crap because we got probably 7 teams left on our schedule that are far better then the Falcons.

455532[/snapback]

Yep, that's what Philly must've said too. :(

No way, Atlanta is a team that we should have easily beat yesterday. There are not that good and for us to lose to them at home is really bad. They have a one dimensional offense and a defense that was missing their top guys. If Atlanta is as good as you think, we're in deep crap because we got probably 7 teams left on our schedule that are far better then the Falcons.

455532[/snapback]

Yeah they suck. That's why they beat the defending NFC champs in week one and were the team that lost the NFC Championship to that same team.

We're in deep crap because too many of our players are like you, ready to throw in the towel at the first sign of difficulty.

455532[/snapback]

um, they were 11-5 last year, led the league in rushing, have the most explosive DT in the nfc (coleman), and beat the eagles in week one. how are they not good? as for missing their secondary, i think it's safe to say that everyone should have expected losman to suck for the first few games. he's had one pretty solid game out of three, so right now he's ahead of the curve. him having a bad game against atlanta was entirely expected, regardless of who played in their secondary. this won't be his last poor outing, but he should be showing some signs of improvement soon enough. if he doesn't, then wyche and mularkey are fools, which i don't think they are. also, don't forget that atlanta can really get after the qb, which makes any secondary's job easier.

455532[/snapback]

They beat Philadelphia.

Philadelphia is a better team than the Bills. (Don't tell the Amazing Grant, that, tho.)

Simple logic then states that Atlanta > Buffalo at this point in time.

Yeah they suck.  That's why they beat the defending NFC champs in week one.

We're in deep crap because too many of our players are like you, ready to throw in the towel at the first sign of difficulty.

455537[/snapback]

No attention to details AD? The Falcons beat the Eagles at HOME and at full strength I believe.

I'm not sure if we watched the same game yesterday, but anyone that was at the game I'm sure had to see that even though we played like crap, we could have easily won that game.

I'm not throwing in the towel, but this team is 8-8 AT BEST with JPL at the helm.

We'll always have next year, right?

No attention to details AD? The Falcons beat the Eagles at HOME and at full strength I believe.

I'm not sure if we watched the same game yesterday, but anyone that was at the game I'm sure had to see that even though we played like crap, we could have easily won that game.

I'm not throwing in the towel, but this team is 8-8 AT BEST with JPL at the helm.

We'll always have next year, right?

455580[/snapback]

So what? They haven't forgotten how to win and didn't use any excuses when their chips were down (unlike our heroes, unfortunately).

I didn't think we were going to be better than 8-8 anyway. Too many variables in a difficult division with a difficult schedule.

I'm a BILLS fan. Next year HAS to be better. Been saying that for about 30 years. :(