Mortensen confirming

Thailog80

Hopefully TKO's injury is not as serious as it looks.  Wasnt an achilles tear the same injury that Sam Cowart had when he was here?  Sam was an animal before the injury and hasnt been the same player since.  Hopefully the same doesnt happen to Spikes.  Its a horrible injury, lets cross our fingers!

454732[/snapback]

Fingers definetely crossed!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time i see a TKO thread i can't help but think if he just showed a little faith in Marvin Lewis he would have his playoffs and accolades that he so desired. Instead he came to B-Lo and got stuck in another horrible QB situation and a lousy offense in general. The guy can't feel good about what he is seeing develop in Cincinnati.

Every time i see a TKO thread i can't help but think if he just showed a little faith in Marvin Lewis he would have his playoffs and accolades that he so desired.  Instead he came to B-Lo and got stuck in another horrible QB situation and a lousy offense in general.  The guy can't feel good about what he is seeing develop in Cincinnati.

454833[/snapback]

Speaking of developing....How HORRIBLE was Palmer the first 8 games last year?

OUCH!

Spikes done for season

By ALLEN WILSON

News Sports Reporter

9/26/2005

The Buffalo Bills lost more than a 24-16 decision to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. A lot more.

Two-time Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes suffered what is believed to be a torn right Achilles tendon in the second quarter. The Bills haven't made an official announcement yet, but all indications are that Spikes will miss the rest of the season.

Speaking of developing....How HORRIBLE was Palmer the first 8 games last year?

454834[/snapback]

Palmer did nothing special his first 5 games but as you can see from the stats below, he did complete at least 50% against some good defenses.

OPP C A YD TD INT

NYJ 18 27 248 2 1

MIA 21 38 147 0 1

BAL 25 52 316 0 3

PIT 20 37 164 1 2

CLE 20 36 148 1 1

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2172743

Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes will miss the rest of the season with an injured right Achilles tendon, ESPN's Chris Mortensen has learned.

Following the Bills' 24-16 loss to the Falcons, coach Mike Mularkey wouldn't speculate on the extent of the injury, saying he'll know more Monday.

Spikes, an eight-year veteran and two-time Pro Bowl selection in his third season with the Bills, was hurt in the second quarter when he was pressuring Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick deep in the Falcons' end. He lay on the field face-down for a few minutes and then slammed his helmet to the ground in frustration after he rolled over. He required help getting to the sideline, unable to place much weight on his right foot, and appeared to be in tears when he was carted off the field.

Angelo Crowell replaced Spikes.

"It means someone on our defense is going to have to step up, and the defense as a whole has to step up," linebacker Jeff Posey said. "He means a lot to this defense, and is one of the leaders of this team."

Spikes' absence helped contribute to Buffalo's problem containing quarterback Michael Vick and the rest of the Atlanta offensive attack Sunday. Overall, the Falcons gained 403 yards, including 236 on the ground.

The Bills' defense is already a banged-up unit. Linebacker London Fletcher is being hampered by a hamstring injury, and safety Lawyer Milloy is playing with a protective cast on his right thumb, which he broke in Buffalo's 19-3 loss at Tampa Bay last weekend.

"For me, personally, I'm out there with one arm already," safety Lawyer Milloy said. "Now I lose somebody I depend on. But this is the NFL, and we expect the person that's behind him to be ready."

Spikes has proven to be a durable player, having missed only one game -- and that was to attend his father's funeral in 2001, when he was with Cincinnati.

:( Wow!! I feel bad for Takeo. Have we hit bottom yet, or can things get worse???

455218[/snapback]

Can it get any worse? I hope not but this doesn't look good.

@ New Orleans

MIAMI

NY Jets

@ Oakland

@ New England

BYE

KANSAS CITY

@ San Diego

CAROLINA

@ Miami

NEW ENGLAND

DENVER

@ Cincinnati

@ NY Jets

:( Wow!! I feel bad for Takeo. Have we hit bottom yet, or can things get worse???

455218[/snapback]

Willis getting injured would make things a lot worse. I'm going to miss TKO however, he's the one bill who played with an intensity not matched by many in the league. He was proud to be a member of the buffalo bills, and he played like it. Here's hoping for the best for Spikes

Can it get any worse? I hope not but this doesn't look good.

@ New Orleans

MIAMI

NY Jets

@ Oakland

@ New England

BYE

KANSAS CITY

@ San Diego

CAROLINA

@ Miami

NEW ENGLAND

DENVER

@ Cincinnati

@ NY Jets

455225[/snapback]

You're absolutely right! 1-15, here we come!