officiating blunder that won't be fixed soon!

envirojeff

Not that this has any bearing on the outcome of the game, but what about towards the end when the refs stopped the play for a booth review just as Vick was snapped the ball and Vick angrily spiked the ball, tore off his helmet, and started yelling at the refs?

No unsportsmanlike conduct? Don't you get an automatic UC just for taking your helmet off on the field?

455249[/snapback]

Yep. Unless you don't, because the officials/league decide to go temporarily blind. See, e.g., Brian Skrudland's headbutt in the 1999 SC finals, which should have carried an automatic one-game suspension. Except the league decided to ignore it.

I thought the JP sneak that failed was a bad spot initially, but the replays only showed that he mimicked Travis Henry vs Oakland last year. The turfmonster tripped him up immediately after the snap. Simply put, JP sucked that one up too, no one else.

455187[/snapback]

I still thought it was a bad spot and the last replay showed that the ball was clearly over the yardline it needed to pass when JP went down. Also, the left guard's right elbow hit JP right in the head and drove him downward just as JP started to lunge forward.

The Losman sneak on 4th down should have never happened. The 3rd down play to Shaud Williams resulted in an OBVIOUS first down gain, but the referee messed up the spot by almost a yard. If you watch the play on tape, the ref walks around a Falcon player and then spots the ball at least a full yard behind where it should have been.

The refs in the NFL are overwhelmed by the speed of the game. If you are at an NFL game and watching from above - it is painfully obvious. They are often out of position, not looking in the correct spot and cannot keep up with the pace of play - especially in hurry-up situations.

This is why they often make a call by the "ending conclusion" (i.e helmet rolling off, QB playacting and holding his head, etc.)

NFL refs - BY FAR - are the worst in sports. The only thing is you'd think it would all even out... but Buffalo always seems to be on the sh** end of the stick (in hockey too). It makes me sick because I pay big money year after year for season tickets - and it's only getting worse.

Someday a SuperBowl is going to get screwed up by a ref - that will be the only way things will be forced to change.