These next three weeks

Peter

These next three weeks are going to make or break our season. They are all winnable games. Two of them are at home. If we can win all three, we will have a 4-2 record and will be feeling a lot better about the direction of the team.

If we lose two or more of those games and look like we have the past two weeks, it could get really ugly around One Bills Drive (It already is pretty ugly at Two Bills Drive on days). If this season spirals out of control, kiss Nate and some of the other guys goodbye. I really do not see EM here past this year if he has no hope of winning a playoff game before his career is over. Then you have people like WM whom I would like to lock up long term. Players like that may decide that they do not want to be part of the "rebuilding." I know that there are a number of us who are tired of it as well. Think about how long it has been since we have been in a playoff game let alone won one.

It is really important that we pull it together as we did last year. The Bills (and we) better hope that (in no particular order):

(1) JP can improve, be effective, and that his confidence is not destroyed in the process;

(2) Angelo Crowell somehow learns to do his best impression of Takeo;

(3) The offensive line can give a young QB the time he needs to find open receivers;

(4) Willis does not drop dead from the number of times that we are going to have to call his number;

(5) MM does not lose control of this team;

(6) The defense figures out how to be more stout against the run and not give up big plays (especially on third down);

(7) Our special teams can re-capture what they had last year;

(8) Moorman plays more like last year than this year;

(9) Lindell continues to play like this year rather than last year;

(10) Roscoe and KE get well soon.

I am not ready to give up (I am usually the eternal optimist), but we better see some convincing wins in the next three weeks to make sure that this team does not fall apart.