Troy Vincent???

Garranimal

Not looking to take a beating here, but did Troy Vincent look totally out of position all day yesterday? To be fair, it is the first i have noticed this thus far this season. But at times i kept thinking that he had no clue how to play safety. I am looking for comments, tell me i am wrong and why, maybe my perception was skewed...his is an ex-dolphin and all.

Anyone see Spikes completely turned around, looking at the safeties, during the Falcon's drive to the scoreboard endzone early on?

He wasn't paying attention and got completely burned.

454939[/snapback]

Because he was trying to get the other safety to move up and cover the receiver who was left ALONE because Milloy moved off that responsibility to blitz from the edge. It's a football thing.

Yes, and he was right. Also, I thought that he was trying to call a timeout, no?

454948[/snapback]

No, he was not trying to call a timeout. He was pounding his fists together, which was supposed to tell Vincent to move over and assume the responsibility of covering the receiver.

Vincent was awful yesterday. That's the worst game he's had since he arrived.

Yes, and he was right. Also, I thought that he was trying to call a timeout, no?

454948[/snapback]

That's what I thought at first, but looking at the replays, he was trying to get Vincent to slide his coverage over (as others have said).

In hindsight, he SHOULD have called timeout.

I'm sure the Falcons saw the confusion and snapped quickly to take advantage.

CW

That's what I thought at first, but looking at the replays, he was trying to get Vincent to slide his coverage over (as others have said).

In hindsight, he SHOULD have called timeout.

I'm sure the Falcons saw the confusion and snapped quickly to take advantage.

CW

455082[/snapback]

Agreed. That was an excellent play by the Falcons and a terribly play by the Bills all around. You cannot have your back turned to the ball when they snap it. It could have been that Vick saw it and quick snapped but both Vincent and TKO totally blew it on that play.

No, he was not trying to call a timeout. He was pounding his fists together, which was supposed to tell Vincent to move over and assume the responsibility of covering the receiver.

Vincent was awful yesterday. That's the worst game he's had since he arrived.

455075[/snapback]

Yeah, and I am a big fan of TV.

Milloy had a tough time as well. On one play, Duckett ran into him with a 10 yard or so head of steam. All the lawyer could do was crouch down in front of him and try not to get killed, but he actually made the tackle.

Our DTs have to step up their game. Without TKO, their production is that much more crucial. I hope Coach Krumrie kicks some ass this week.

Yeah, and I am a big fan of TV.

Milloy had a tough time as well. On one play, Duckett ran into him with a 10 yard or so head of steam. All the lawyer could do was crouch down in front of him and try not to get killed, but he actually made the tackle.

Our DTs have to step up their game. Without TKO, their production is that much more crucial. I hope Coach Krumrie kicks some ass this week.

455096[/snapback]

I was just telling a co-worker about Duckett's first carry of the game, when he steamrolled Milloy. That had to hurt.

I am a Vincent fan as well. Unfortunately, guys have days like he did yesterday. I think yesterday clearly showed though that Vincent is in the right position. On plays where he was forced to cover receivers (specifically Finneran), he got beat. Those cover skills have diminished. I think the injury to Dez White that forced him out of the Atlanta lineup actually helped the Falcons yesterday. Finneran's size and reliable hands helped Atlanta immensely yesterday.