Hammer's Lot

Mr Info

Yet another reason to park at Hammer's Lot.

A busload of Lee's family and friends from his hometown outside of Cleveland parked at Hammers. Lee was out relatively quickly after the game and came over to the lot. I was playing catch with my son and Hammer came over and queued me about Lee being over there and mentioned that it would be a good idea for my son to get an autograph. [Thanks, Hammer] So, my son took his game ticket over and Lee was very gracious and signed it. I went over and spoke to some of his friends while my son got the autograph. Lee seems like a genuine nice guy.

For the first time ever, and I am certain it will never be repeated, I was the first car at the Hammer Lot. I even beat Hammer there by a minute or two.

My son and I also made it in time for the Pinto Kenny spectacle. Unsure if I should have exposed an impressionistic young mind to that. My son had a big look of "Why?" after seeing it.

I wanted to comment on something positive about the game experience since there have been a lot of negative posts. But, I am unable to stop myself from making an observation that you can see at the game on the spread field that is not apparent on the TV. And that is that there are open receivers away from where JP is throwing on quite a few of the pass plays. This is not a profound observation and I am not calling to remove JP. But, I'll bet some of these receivers are frustrated at working to get themselves open.

I was hoping you were going to say that he had somebody parked in. To which I was going to wittily reply, "Nonsense, he hasn't blocked anything all year".

Thanx for the comment re: open receivers as I've spent far too many of the preceeding 15hrs wondering about exactly that.

Cya

A busload of Lee's family and friends from his hometown outside of Cleveland parked at Hammers. Lee was out relatively quickly after the game and came over to the lot. I was playing catch with my son and Hammer came over and queued me about Lee being over there and mentioned that it would be a good idea for my son to get an autograph. [Thanks, Hammer] So, my son took his game ticket over and Lee was very gracious and signed it. I went over and spoke to some of his friends while my son got the autograph. Lee seems like a genuine nice guy.

For the first time ever, and I am certain it will never be repeated, I was the first car at the Hammer Lot. I even beat Hammer there by a minute or two.

My son and I also made it in time for the Pinto Kenny spectacle. Unsure if I should have exposed an impressionistic young mind to that. My son had a big look of "Why?" after seeing it.

I wanted to comment on something positive about the game experience since there have been a lot of negative posts. But, I am unable to stop myself from making an observation that you can see at the game on the spread field that is not apparent on the TV. And that is that there are open receivers away from where JP is throwing on quite a few of the pass plays. This is not a profound observation and I am not calling to remove JP.  But, I'll bet some of these receivers are frustrated at working to get themselves open.

454532[/snapback]

Cool. Sounds like you had a great time.

BTW, did you ever get the pics I took from last year when we met? That one of you and your family would be a nice profile photo.

Why? Because! Did Kenny wear the Ron Mexico hospital gown?

It looks like the Lee Evans family will be regulars. Lee Jr has his feet on the ground, not full of himself.

Did you get a chance to look at the NBA Championship ring the 7 foot tall guy was wearing? There was also a CFL player in the lot, but the best entertainment of the day was my screaming swearing neighbor. I believe the cops will be seeing her today with 3 tickets.

Cool.  Sounds like you had a great time.

BTW, did you ever get the pics I took from last year when we met?  That one of you and your family would be a nice profile photo.

454694[/snapback]

Rich - this is the second time you mentioned that to me and I apologize for not following up. I will PM you.

Why? Because! Did Kenny wear the Ron Mexico hospital gown?

I showed up just as Kenny was clearing the junk from his glasses. But I went back and looked at the pictures I took and it looks like he had a t-shirt on. But I can't say 100% with the crap all over him.

It looks like the Lee Evans family will be regulars. Lee Jr has his feet on the ground, not full of himself.

Did you get a chance to look at the NBA Championship ring the 7 foot tall guy was wearing? There was also a CFL player in the lot, but the best entertainment of the day was my screaming swearing neighbor. I believe the cops will be seeing her today with 3 tickets.

I saw the guy (couldn't miss him) but I missed the ring.

Yeah - that woman (lady is too nice for her) thinks she's big sh--.

Thanks, again. I will see you later this season.