Vick is a mediocre passer

Kelly the Dog

I disagree.  Look at the RB stats.  Atlanta's zone blocking dominated our front seven on virtually every play we didn't house blitz.  It was terrifying to watch.

454955[/snapback]

Nah. The running stats are distorted by both Vick and that 60 yard run at the end of the half, where they only got a FG out of it. The first touchdown drive Vick killed us on a 3rd and long. The real killer was the drive at the beginning of the fourth quarter when it was 3rd and long and he ran by, around or through 5 guys for 27 yards. Plus his rolling out was killing us. We could have withstood the running, even though the middle of the line was terrible. We couldn't withstand Vick, who made us pay with his legs.

Nah. The running stats are distorted by both Vick and that 60 yard run at the end of the half, where they only got a FG out of it. The first touchdown drive Vick killed us on a 3rd and long. The real killer was the drive at the beginning of the fourth quarter when it was 3rd and long and he ran by, around or through 5 guys for 27 yards. Plus his rolling out was killing us. We could have withstood the running, even though the middle of the line was terrible. We  couldn't withstand Vick, who made us pay with his legs.

455051[/snapback]

The two are not mutually exclusive of each other. Quite the opposite, methinks.

The running game is more mental than anything. Once they softened us up with Dunn, they went to the hammer with Duckett and our interior line just deteriorated. I recall a couple of plays where both Anderson and Bannan ended up five yards off the LOS flailing away like trout on the bank. Horrible.

The two are not mutually exclusive of each other.  Quite the opposite, methinks.

The running game is more mental than anything.  Once they softened us up with Dunn, they went to the hammer with Duckett and our interior line just deteriorated.  I recall a couple of plays where both Anderson and Bannan ended up five yards off the LOS flailing away like trout on the bank.  Horrible.

455064[/snapback]

Glad to see someone else saw the same game I was watching. This defense isn't even mediocre, methinks.

The two are not mutually exclusive of each other.  Quite the opposite, methinks.

The running game is more mental than anything.  Once they softened us up with Dunn, they went to the hammer with Duckett and our interior line just deteriorated.  I recall a couple of plays where both Anderson and Bannan ended up five yards off the LOS flailing away like trout on the bank.  Horrible.

455064[/snapback]

I agree with that. My observation, however, was that, like, on the Duckett TD run up the middle that broke our backs in the fourth quarter the defense was both winded by chasing Vick on the previous 27 yard run on 3rd and long and demoralized by it and the run up the middle was disgustingly easy for the Falcons.