Vilarial "winded?"

Fezmid

Does anyone else buy that he was winded? I wouldn't be surprised if it's more coverup by the coaching staff - they've been hiding injuries all season.

The announcers commented that CV was out for the last 2-3 drives of the game. Nobody's winded that long...

Maybe I'm just in denial, but something doesn't sound right to me.

CW

When they asked the coach in the post-game conference, he said that they have faith in their reserves, and how are they going to get experience for when they're really needed if they don't get playing time. WTF? There's a reason why they're starters. Then when the reporter pressed him, he sarcasticly replied that he guesses that the reporters know how to handle the team better then he does.

Does anyone else buy that he was winded?  I wouldn't be surprised if it's more coverup by the coaching staff - they've been hiding injuries all season.

The announcers commented that CV was out for the last 2-3 drives of the game.  Nobody's winded that long...

Maybe I'm just in denial, but something doesn't sound right to me.

CW

454454[/snapback]

I think that’s accurate Fez, it would certainly fit with how we have handled injuries so far. With CV out an opposing defensive coordinator would likely alter his strategy so I'm not at all surprised if that’s why MM said that.

to come out. And limping to boot. It looked like he injured himself.

I say this because I have read a few posts here claiming the MM pulled CV out of the game for being winded. I do not believe that to be the case.

First, if MM said that to the media it was probably a sarcastic jab that basically said "if you paid attention to the game you would notice CV limping off to the sidelines late in the game".

Our OL was banged up and had essentially 2 rookies playing the entire Right Side. What would anyone think would happen on offense?

That being said, why pull a quarterback sneak over the right side of the line for fourth down...unless JP called his own number on that one?

fwiw