F McNally..... Our OL Blows!

Tom

I wouldn't say F McNally, not even the most seasoned offensive line guru can make a Tackle combo of Mike Gandy and Gregg Jerman pan out. We lack talent and have zero depth, to me that falls into TD's department.

McNally sucked in his last year with the Giants & they were happy to see him go.

Texans, Ravens, Saints, etc. I think McNally is doing a good job with what he has. The Bills played a great defense last week and this week McGahee ran with 140 yards with M. Williams out.

454227[/snapback]

Couldn't agree w/you more.....it is NOT McNAlly's fault

Pan my ass, Our OL sucked last year........

454256[/snapback]

Maybe your right about McNally, I just don't know enough about the leagues offensive line coaches to say he sucks. But the talent is bad, and it's been bad for years and threw several offensive line coaches. Maybe all the coaches blew all along and we had an immensely talented group of underachievers the whole time.

As for him panning out last year we allowed very few sacks during our win streak, however it could be because we played a bunch of cream puffs. It appears our vaunted defense become vaunted for that reason, probably the same reason the line started to play better.

As for him panning out last year we allowed very few sacks during our win streak, however it could be because we played a bunch of cream puffs. It appears our vaunted defense become vaunted for that reason, probably the same reason the line started to play better.

All I know, this line is gonna get JP killed..........

As I reluctantly replayed some of the plays from todays dissapointing game, I feel like the O-line run blocked extremely well today, and the man on man pass protection was quite a bit better than many of those who possibly were unable to see the game think. The real problem I am seeing with consistency is an inability to do well in blitz pickup. This involves the line of course, but also involves the TE's and RB's. There was a time or two as well when JP could have released the ball quicker whether it was a throw away or a hot read.

As I reluctantly replayed some of the plays from todays dissapointing game, I feel like the O-line run blocked extremely well today, and the man on man pass protection was quite a bit better than many of those who possibly were unable to see the game think. The real problem I am seeing with consistency is an inability to do well in blitz pickup. This involves the line of course, but also involves the TE's and RB's. There was a time or two as well when JP could have released the ball quicker whether it was a throw away or a hot read.

454456[/snapback]

From what I saw they bull rushed Teague, and Jerman was beat around the corner late in the game. On one specific paly, he didn't even look like he knew that he was SUPPOSED to block.

As I said before the game, run blocking is the fun part for these guys. They couldn't protect Bledsoe and they can't protect this kid who can move.

They are a group of misfits, other than CV.

I don't think the OL played all that bad today either. There were several plays when Willis had a large hole. He rushed for his career high I think. For 3/4 of the pass plays, JP had a lot or easily enough time. He just had another crappy game. There were a couple jailbreaks but the Falcons have a pretty good line and pass rush. The OL was the least of our problems today. Our problems were the QB, the DL, the coaching, the LBS and the DBs.

I don't think the OL played all that bad today either. There were several plays when Willis had a large hole. He rushed for his career high I think. For 3/4 of the pass plays, JP had a lot or easily enough time. He just had another crappy game. There were a couple jailbreaks but the Falcons have a pretty good line and pass rush. The OL was the least of our problems today. Our problems were the QB, the DL, the coaching, the LBS and the DBs.

454468[/snapback]

I'm with you on this one. I think a lot of people are obsessing over the 2 or 3 replays where the announcer pointed out Teague or whoever getting beat in pass protection. Whatever, that happens every game. They opened up some nice running lanes.

I'm with you on this one.  I think a lot of people are obsessing over the 2 or 3 replays where the announcer pointed out Teague or whoever getting beat in pass protection.  Whatever, that happens every game.  They opened up some nice running lanes.

454505[/snapback]

Maybe we should lock Gandy, Teague and Jerman into long term contracts and build the team around this solid foundation.

Yeah....  Who is worse??

454220[/snapback]

WTF! :P

Don't blame him. He did his best with what he was given. TD deserves all the blame for this and coach too for not realizing this line couldn't block last year. An overhaul was needed. Why should Willis kill his career and sacrifice his body for 3 painful yards each and every carry?