Wow...

I've been waiting too. I am anxious for the glory days to return as well. It pains me, and I get acid reflux watching us stink it up at home. All that being said, you can't throw out the baby with the bath water.

We could have stuck with Bledsoe for another year, but does anyone here really think that he would have gotten us through a big game?

Sure we would have had some wins, and some exciting games, but to what end. Bledsoe could never get past New England, and was horrifying in big games. And, I have to say that our defense did not come out looking so good against the better competition last year either.

Mularky has a good system, but he has some pieces missing (offensive line and play making TE), and he has to work with a rookie QB who is going to make bad decisions.

Maybe JP doesn't pan out, but I cannot honestly say that I have seen enough games from him to tell if he is improving, or falling behind. He had some errant throws today. He had some throws that were on the mark, and the only thing that the Falcon players could do was mug Moulds to prevent the completion. The pass that was intercepted was on the mark, and it was the right receiver, but JP held onto the ball an instant too long. It should have been there as soon as the receiver broke his route. Those things I think are correctable with time and getting his timing down with his receivers.

You are entitled to your opinion. We all are. But for me the Jury is still out on the kid - JP,  and I am actually more worried about our vaunted defense with all it veterans stinking up the field. Seriously, the first two possessions that Atlanta has and they score. Is that taking care of business in your own house?

I have no idea how long we Bills fans are going to be kept in a purgatory of having to watch our team lose. I just feel like all the pieces aren't there right now for me to believe that we can make a serious push this year.

I'll watch them any way. They're my team.

454378[/snapback]

Same here. It goes back to expectations. If the Bills lose the next two games, have him throw 40x a game. If it helps him improve for next season and this season is shot, I'll live with it. We lived with it after Kelly (remember when we went 7-9 after 2-14 and then made it to the AFC championship?) and I am hoping that it happens this year. But I am holding deep reservations at this point. I want to win now. I don't want to flounder through this season and then find out that he doesn't have the mental ability to be an NFL starter. (I do believe the arm strength and mechanics are there so there is some hope.)