Wow...

accept the truth: JP= Akili Smith=Andre Ware=David Klinger=Tim Couch=David Carr=Rob Johnson=Todd Collins=etc.

I hate to say it. JP reminds me of Vince Ferragamo. All he needs is a wrist band with all the plays and we can go 20 years retro. The guy sucks!!

454151[/snapback]

Bite me. :P

accept the truth: JP= Akili Smith=Andre Ware=David Klinger=Tim Couch=David Carr=Rob Johnson=Todd Collins=etc.

I hate to say it. JP reminds me of Vince Ferragamo. All he needs is a wrist band with all the plays and we can go 20 years retro. The guy sucks!!

454151[/snapback]

And you know this after three starts?

OK.

Decisions he is making. It would be one thing with mechanics but it's decisions. Personally, I don't think JP is very bright.

454167[/snapback]

Well, thanks for your input. As if it matters.

You judged all this with your keen football eye after THREE STARTS?

How come you're not making millions in the NFL?

Joe, there's not much point trying tonight.  Pi$$ing against the wind from all the folks running for the exits  :P

454175[/snapback]

You're right, I give up. You can't teach retards how to build atomic bombs, and apparently you can't teach some Bills "fans" how to understand the development of a QB.

You're right, I give up. You can't teach retards how to build atomic bombs, and apparently you can't teach some Bills "fans" how to understand the development of a QB.

454182[/snapback]

Yeah but are we supposed to adopt the Kyle Boller plan and wait for himt ot develop for 2-3 years wjile all our other good players grow old and retire?

454182[/snapback]

TD should have never drafted this turkey. He was suspect at Tulane, and he is suspect now. We're going to play him and by the time Thanksgiving comes around, he will be out for the season. Darwinism will do him in!

And you know this after three starts?

OK.

454158[/snapback]

You really have to try to avoid getting baited into these nonsense discussions. There are those that want to win now, and think we can do it with a rookie QB and porous defense.

I'm not ready to give up on a rookie after 3 games. Hell, I've BEEN ready to give up on Josh Reed for two years now, but he is actually becoming a decent receiver underneath. That one really stretched my patience, and I thought for sure that he would be exiting with all the other hopefuls that didn't pan out in training camp.

Our team needs to win now, no one wants to think that you have to suffer through a year of losing when our team has so many offensive weapons at its disposal, but that is what is going to happen.

We do not have Pittsburg's offensive line, or defense to develope a big Ben. JP is more often running for his life rather than comfortably picking out targets. When he does have time, he is rushing his throws or waiting too long to release the ball.

Everything I've seen looks like it is correctable. We have an offensive coordinator that used to be a quarterback coach, and a former head coach with years of experience as our QB coach. Sam has seen and developed some pretty good QB talent. If they believe JP has what it takes then I am willing to wait for the reward and suffer through the inevitable learning curve. Others, I am sure, are not.

Vick never looked like he could hit the broad side of a barn, but he looks like he is finally catching on in his 5th year. We give our rookie QB 3 whole games before some are trying to crucify him.

The sad fact is that there a several holes on this team right now, and Losman is actually only one of them. We need some play-making tight ends, and we need a real offensive line that does not act like a revolving door on critical downs. We need this defense to actually stop a running attack, and finish the job on third downs. We have a lot of needs and only the rest of the season to figure out how those needs get met.

I'm not optimistic. Then again, I was less optimistic last year when we started out 0-4 with Bledsoe at the helm.

TD should have never drafted this turkey. He was suspect at Tulane, and he is suspect now.  We're going to play him and by the time Thanksgiving comes around, he will be out for the season. Darwinism will do him in!

454258[/snapback]

I think you've made your point......more than once. Overkill can be a bad thing.

You really have to try to avoid getting baited into these nonsense discussions. There are those that want to win now, and think we can do it with a rookie QB and porous defense.

I'm not ready to give up on a rookie after 3 games. Hell, I've BEEN ready to give up on Josh Reed for two years now, but he is actually becoming a decent receiver underneath. That one really stretched my patience, and I thought for sure that he would be exiting with all the other hopefuls that didn't pan out in training camp.

Our team needs to win now, no one wants to think that you have to suffer through a year of losing when our team has so many offensive weapons at its disposal, but that is what is going to happen.

We do not have Pittsburg's offensive line, or defense to develope a big Ben. JP is more often running for his life rather than comfortably picking out targets. When he does have time, he is rushing his throws or waiting too long to release the ball.

Everything I've seen looks like it is correctable. We have an offensive coordinator that used to be a quarterback coach, and a former head coach with years of experience as our QB coach. Sam has seen and developed some pretty good QB talent. If they believe JP has what it takes then I am willing to wait for the reward and suffer through the inevitable learning curve. Others, I am sure, are not.

Vick never looked like he could hit the broad side of a barn, but he looks like he is finally catching on in his 5th year. We give our rookie QB 3 whole games before some are trying to crucify him.

The sad fact is that there a several holes on this team right now, and Losman is actually only one of them. We need some play-making tight ends, and we need a real offensive line that does not act like a revolving door on critical downs. We need this defense to actually stop a running attack, and finish the job on third downs. We have a lot of needs and only the rest of the season to figure out how those needs get met.

I'm not optimistic. Then again, I was less optimistic last year when we started out 0-4 with Bledsoe at the helm.

454265[/snapback]

I agree with you on most of us and I don't think what I am saying is nonsense. It's a serious issue. The big problem I am having with JP is his thinking process and that isn't as easy to correct as you think. Look at Bledsoe. He did the same thing he did with the Bills the last couple of years; hold on to the ball way too long. One possible solution would be a change in strategy on offense. Maybe we need a west coaast offense installed. At this point, I'm really worried that we are taking a big step back rather than moving on.

Now you can say that we can wait another year or 2 years whatever. It's been 6 six years since we made the playoffs. How long do you want us to wait? I take the BB approach. Start the best QB. If JP is the best QB so be it but at this point I don't think he is.

I like the approach of alternating him each week until he proves he can start in the National Football League/.

Guest BackInDaDay
Look at Bledsoe. He did the same thing he did with the Bills the last couple of years; hold on to the ball way too long.

454277[/snapback]

Bledsoe is a veteran QB whose worst problem is his lack of pocket prescence. He reads D coverages well, and has the patience to let his receivers get to where he can deliver the ball. This, almost literally, bites him in the ass when his protection breaks down before he can make the play.

I still think JP can be a QB whose athleticism will enhance his ability to make the plays, ala Steve Young, that Drew cannot. Of course, it begins with his picking up the coverages quicker. Right now, the plays - due to the nature of talent in the NFL - are flashing by him. He's trying to compensate physically for the split seconds he's lagging mentally. His anxiousness leads to mistaken reads and inaccuracy. It may take a season for him to feel comfortable setting up to pass. Currently, JP has no intuition. He's trying to recognise D coverages pre-snap, as coached, but that's no substitute for game action.

He has to suffer through this to become the player many of us think he can be.

Experience is the best teacher. He could fail, or he may become a very special player. :P

Bledsoe is a veteran QB whose worst problem is his lack of pocket prescence.  He reads D coverages well, and has the patience to let his receivers get to where he can deliver the ball.  This, almost literally, bites him in the ass when his protection breaks down before he can make the play. 

I still think JP can be a QB whose athleticism will enhance his ability to make the plays, ala Steve Young, that Drew cannot.  Of course, it begins with his picking up the coverages quicker.  Right now, the plays - due to the nature of talent in the NFL - are flashing by him.  He's trying to compensate physically for the split seconds he's lagging mentally.  His anxiousness leads to mistaken reads and inaccuracy.  It may take a season for him to feel comfortable setting up to pass.  Currently, JP has no intuition.  He's trying to recognise D coverages pre-snap, as coached, but that's no substitute for game action. 

He has to suffer through this to become the player many of us think he can be. 

Experience is the best teacher.  He could fail, or he may become a very special player.  :P

454366[/snapback]

Good post! I hope you're right.

I agree with you on most of us and I don't think what I am saying is nonsense. It's a serious issue. The big problem I am having with JP is his thinking process and that isn't as easy to correct as you think. Look at Bledsoe. He did the same thing he did with the Bills the last couple of years; hold on to the ball way too long.  One possible solution would be a change in strategy on offense. Maybe we need a west coaast offense installed. At this point, I'm really worried that we are taking a big step back rather than moving on.

Now you can say that we can wait another year or 2 years whatever. It's been 6 six years since we made the playoffs. How long do you want us to wait? I take the BB approach. Start the best QB. If JP is the best QB so be it but at this point I don't think he is.

I like the approach of alternating him each week until he proves he can start in the National Football League/.

454277[/snapback]

I've been waiting too. I am anxious for the glory days to return as well. It pains me, and I get acid reflux watching us stink it up at home. All that being said, you can't throw out the baby with the bath water.

We could have stuck with Bledsoe for another year, but does anyone here really think that he would have gotten us through a big game?

Sure we would have had some wins, and some exciting games, but to what end. Bledsoe could never get past New England, and was horrifying in big games. And, I have to say that our defense did not come out looking so good against the better competition last year either.

Mularky has a good system, but he has some pieces missing (offensive line and play making TE), and he has to work with a rookie QB who is going to make bad decisions.

Maybe JP doesn't pan out, but I cannot honestly say that I have seen enough games from him to tell if he is improving, or falling behind. He had some errant throws today. He had some throws that were on the mark, and the only thing that the Falcon players could do was mug Moulds to prevent the completion. The pass that was intercepted was on the mark, and it was the right receiver, but JP held onto the ball an instant too long. It should have been there as soon as the receiver broke his route. Those things I think are correctable with time and getting his timing down with his receivers.

You are entitled to your opinion. We all are. But for me the Jury is still out on the kid - JP, and I am actually more worried about our vaunted defense with all it veterans stinking up the field. Seriously, the first two possessions that Atlanta has and they score. Is that taking care of business in your own house?

I have no idea how long we Bills fans are going to be kept in a purgatory of having to watch our team lose. I just feel like all the pieces aren't there right now for me to believe that we can make a serious push this year.

I'll watch them any way. They're my team.