Comfort Zone

Some are suggesting Losman's lack of accuracy is a result of his being uncomfortable out there. That may be so, but even most of his short throws seem a little off. How comfortable and experienced do you have to be to throw your short drops where the receive does not have to stop or jump to catch it, or reach back and thus lose any momentum he may have. I hope it's just a matter of "comfort," but I'm beginning to wonder.

Also, quarterbacks either can see the field or have a tendency to lock on a receiver for better or worse. Losman was unable to see, for instance, a wide open Moulds near the end zone (as was re-run on the network feed). And that was a play on which he had protection. The concerns grow.

I believe you have to stick with JPL. Otherwise, you'll never know if he can become comfortable and effective out there or is nothing more than a Loss Man. If it's the latter, you obviously have to look real hard at the GM and coach. The concerns about both, especially, Donahoe grow as well.

Finally, to the GM, where's the OL? Bringing in only one experienced body every year to replace a starter you've just cut, leads to status quo, as we've seen the last two years.

Three main problems, has Losman:

1) hesitancy

2) throws at only one speed - only the rope, no touch whatsoever

3) poor conditioning - he tires in the second half and his mechanics/accuracy fall to pieces

454090[/snapback]

His accuracy was way off early in the game, the bomb attempts notwithstanding.

Some are suggesting Losman's lack of accuracy is a result of his being uncomfortable out there.  That may be so, but even most of his short throws seem a little off.  How comfortable and experienced do you have to be to throw your short drops where the receive does not have to stop or jump to catch it, or reach back and thus lose any momentum he may have.  I hope it's just a matter of "comfort," but I'm beginning to wonder.

Also, quarterbacks either can see the field or have a tendency to lock on a receiver for better or worse.  Losman was unable to see, for instance, a wide open Moulds near the end zone (as was re-run on the network feed).  And that was a play on which he had protection.  The concerns grow. 

I believe you have to stick with JPL.  Otherwise, you'll never know if he can become comfortable and effective out there or is nothing more than a Loss Man.  If it's the latter, you obviously have to look real hard at the GM and coach.  The concerns about both, especially, Donahoe grow as well.

Finally, to the GM, where's the OL?  Bringing in only one experienced body every year to replace a starter you've just cut, leads to status quo, as we've seen the last two years.

454048[/snapback]

What the team needs to tell us is whether this is year we are rebuilding or making a run for the playoffs. JP won't lead us there so we might as well cut all the veterans on D and start from scratch now. We need them to be good to above average when JP can get with the program.

The past two weeks we give up yardage like it's going out of style. 8 plays of 15 yard gains or more at least every game. Very fuggen scary!

454090[/snapback]

Most passes yes, but he can throw with touch. We have seen it this year with the Lee Evans in the 1st quarter against the Texans, and then today with Moulds when they picked up the flag. I know it's just two cases but this gives me hope that he has it in his game. I just wish he would learn to do it more often.

Guest BackInDaDay
Three main problems, has Losman:

1) hesitancy

3) poor conditioning - he tires in the second half and his mechanics/accuracy fall to pieces

454090[/snapback]

1) hesitancy

Confused by coverages, should improve each game.

Anxious due to small windows of opportunity - see above.

Have to take your word on this, but that can be addressed.

Some are suggesting Losman's lack of accuracy is a result of his being uncomfortable out there.  That may be so, but even most of his short throws seem a little off.  How comfortable and experienced do you have to be to throw your short drops where the receive does not have to stop or jump to catch it, or reach back and thus lose any momentum he may have.  I hope it's just a matter of "comfort," but I'm beginning to wonder.

Also, quarterbacks either can see the field or have a tendency to lock on a receiver for better or worse.  Losman was unable to see, for instance, a wide open Moulds near the end zone (as was re-run on the network feed).  And that was a play on which he had protection.  The concerns grow. 

454048[/snapback]

The only thing that is really worrying me about Losman right now is his accuracy. The game moving too fast for him, his hesitancy, his reads...all that comes in time. The accuracy thing has me scratching my head. I didn't see him play much in college but I have to believe that he is a more accurate passer than he's shown thus far. The guy wouldn't have been drafted at all if this was how accurate he was at Tulane. So I'm just hoping he's pressing too much or a little tight (or some other psychological explanation for it) because otherwise its inexplicable how he can't even come close to many of his targets when he’s been doing this most of his life.