Losman's play does not surprise me..

Left Overture

me scratching my head. I did not think that losing Pat Williams would make that much of a difference in our run defense, but our players have looked small out there against the run. They were playing weak and Vincent had a horrible game, allowing several big 3rd down conversions, and getting called for the facial on Vick.

Officiating was pretty rough on us today, I thought that our offense really lost some momentum when they "picked up" the pass interference flag on that long 3rd down pass to Moulds - when Hall was mugging Eric down the sideline with his back to the pass the whole way. I didn't get that at all. I also thought that the Losman spot was lame - he slipped, but his knee didn't hit the ground till the ball got past the white stripe. They spotted it well short of the line. The forward pass fumble thing looked way to much like the tuck rule, but I guess that only goes your way if you are Brady and you are playing against the other league whipping boys - Oakland.

Sam is holding his own, but every other guy they put next to him is getting blown off the ball. I don't understand the blown assignments and missed tackles, and I am really getting ill watching every team we play convert all their 3rd and long plays - not only convert them, but getting huge yards while they are at it.

Losman is screwing up, not seeing his receivers, too hesitant at pulling the trigger, and in general he has been inaccurate when guys are open. All this I expected out of a guy starting his third NFL game. But we were told this season that the defense would win these games and let the kid grow. That isn't happening, I am curious after two weeks of being dominated by other teams where our defense actually ranks.

I don't think that Gray's defense works without a big run-stuffing tandem in the middle. We have a lot of speed, but the ability to be stout against the run is not there this year as it was last year, and I think that we probably benefited from a softer schedule last year, playing the weak teams of the NFC West.

It's going to be a long season, and now I've worked myself into another Tums night.