Let's maintain some perspective here

PromoTheRobot

Here are the first 5 drives for the Bills:

#1 - 13 plays 50yds - result:FG

#2 - 9 plays 57yds - result:FG

#3 - 11 plays 80yds - result:TD

#4 - 3 plays -2yds - result: Punt

#5 - 7 plays 23yds - result:FG

5 drives - 4 scores - no turnovers. Wasn't that the plan all along? JP was supposed to manage the offense and not turn the ball over? Wasn't the D supposed to step up and make plays?

As frustrating as JP has been, he is not the big disappointment on this team. The defense is.

PTR

JP's numbers for the day

:doh: 10-23 for 75 yards and 1 interception :doh:

That does not get it done in the NFL.

453506[/snapback]

3.25 yards per passing attempt. Moulds 3/18 with a long of 8. Evans 2/7 with a long of 6. I don't think I've ever seen such passing impotence. Even a team getting shut down will usually get at least one 20+ pass off.

this defense sucks...and jerry gray will be lucky to be cashing pay checks from the Buffalo Bills next year if they don't improve rapidly.

453516[/snapback]

Unless he can still get on the field, I dont think he can do much at this point

3.25 yards per passing attempt.  Moulds 3/18 with a long of 8.  Evans 2/7 with a long of 6.  I don't think I've ever seen such passing impotence.  Even a team getting shut down will usually get at least one 20+ pass off.

453523[/snapback]

Reed had 2 catches for 24 yards with his longest being 17. We also had several interference and holding calls that result in some long plays.

Since the Texans game that is true.  I think he's rattled.  But overall he still manages to move the chains.  So to me, he's doing his job.

PTR

453510[/snapback]

I think McGahee moved the chains today, not JP. Of course the defense is struggling, but the offense under the leadership of JP has to score some TDs, including passing for some TDs.

Here are the first 5 drives for the Bills:

#1 - 13 plays 50yds - result:FG

#2 - 9 plays 57yds  - result:FG 

#3 - 11 plays 80yds - result:TD

#4 - 3 plays -2yds  - result: Punt

#5 - 7 plays 23yds  - result:FG

5 drives - 4 scores - no turnovers.  Wasn't that the plan all along?  JP was supposed to manage the offense and not turn the ball over?  Wasn't the D supposed to step up and make plays?

As frustrating as JP has been, he is not the big disappointment on this team.  The defense is.

PTR

453493[/snapback]

JP has been bad and most of us expected that to happen. But you can't win in this league when you give up 200 yards rushing. The win percentage of teams that give up 200 yards rushing is probably under 10% if not lower.

The plan was to be rock stars on defense and special teams and we could overcome JP's early struggles. As it stands even a very good QB can't overcome the amount of yards we have been giving up on the ground.

If our defense played like it did last year we would be 2-1 right now despite how badly JP has played. We probably wouldn't be a playoff team, but we would win some ugly games. JP needs to play better to make us a playoff caliber team, but no matter how well he plays it won't matter unless this defense stops the run and gets off the field on third down.

Well JP does seem to have an issue with getting the ball in on pass plays.  Hopefully he'll get touch as time goes on.

453539[/snapback]

I suspect he will...in fact, I truly believe he will...but not as fast as the world of immediate gratification would like. The picked up flag vs. Moulds, however, was more to my point. Make the right call there, and you still have a chance. Pick up the flag and you have to punt. Everyone was sloppy today...from the quarterback to the OL to the defense to the refs. Everyone.

I suspect he will...in fact, I truly believe he will...but not as fast as the world of immediate gratification would like. The picked up flag vs. Moulds, however, was more to my point. Make the right call there, and you still have a chance. Pick up the flag and you have to punt. Everyone was sloppy today...from the quarterback to the OL to the defense to the refs. Everyone.

453553[/snapback]

Willis wasn't.