JP's problem?

Coach Tuesday

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this? It's obvious. JP falls apart in the second half of games because he's exhausted - his mechanics suffer, which cause his accuracy to suffer. We knew this was a problem heading into the season - JP himself stated in the preseason he was having trouble with conditioning. I think this is obviously one of the main problems he's having.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this?  It's obvious.  JP falls apart in the second half of games because he's exhausted - his mechanics suffer, which cause his accuracy to suffer.  We knew this was a problem heading into the season - JP himself stated in the preseason he was having trouble with conditioning.  I think this is obviously one of the main problems he's having.

453491[/snapback]

He was over throwing receivers in the first quater. It's all bad rright now.

I'll tell you something else that bothers me....why do we have to have all these fancy schmancy formations on offense?? Atlanta was missing FOUR starters on defense, yet we've got our guys in motion all over the place before the snap, tripping over each other and probably confusing the living SH*T out of JP. Why is that crap even necessary?? MM is always saying how he wants to be a smashmouth, in your face team, yet it seems like we NEVER just go out and dictate to another team. Willis should have had over 40 carries today and we should have won that game.

Well, watching the game, the difference b/w JP and Vick was glaring. Our DL and blitzing was putting really good pressure Mr. Mexico all day, and yet.... he still had that escapability where he moved an inch to the side, made the guy whiff and then calmly threw it out to one of his several open safety valves. He just kept doing this. I don't know how the D can really make adjustments to that; if you stop the pressure, that just gives Vick all day to throw and probably scramble on you 'til you're red in the face. But they did give up several 3rd and longs where they had a chance to stop guys a few yards short and they lost that battle of willpowers to Dunn, Duckett, et al. The best defense would have been to have the offense keep Vick off the field.

JP just wasn't reading his receivers and the pressure was getting to him. I wouldn't say the OL is blameless in that (I specifically cite T. Teague doing his matador impression, and upon seeing his QB getting chased into the backfield and refusing to just go down (and losing several more yards in the process), Trey actually made motions to run upfield).

Maybe J.P. needs to get the herp; apparently it does something for your game. And he needs to get a friggin' haircut.