MM storms out of PC?

Thailog80

Like I said, PAL...how do you reconcile the fact that Favre and Elway BLEW SHEEP their first years as starters?

453688[/snapback]

Apparently you haven't watched much football yourself.

Favre blew sheep? 3227 yards, 18 td, rating 85.3

hehe you're funny.

The problem is JP hasn't showed much potential. Those guys showed flashes of brilliance. JP could very well turn out to be good but he hasn't showed us ANYTHING. If you can't see that, that's your fault. I'm still rooting for the kid but I need to see SOMETHING soon. Accuracy isn't the D's fault, or the O-Lines fault.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. there were plenty of instances where JP had good protection and still made bad throws. O-line cannot be the scapegoat

hehe you're funny.

The problem is JP hasn't showed much potential. Those guys showed flashes of brilliance. JP could very well turn out to be good but he hasn't showed us ANYTHING. If you can't see that, that's your fault. I'm still rooting for the kid but I need to see SOMETHING soon. Accuracy isn't the D's fault, or the O-Lines fault.

453726[/snapback]

1-2 in your first 3 starts is not bad at all, and he even played a good game in the win. Most QBs need at least 3/4 of a season or so before they start to settle in. That's why I kind of think that big winning streak you guys had last year was a detriment in the long run. Losman was obviously going to be the starter in '06, and the streak just set back his development.

Give the kid some time.

Malarkey's head is full of marbles. This team should have realized that the Falcon's defensive backfield were completedly outmatched with our receivers and had gone pass crazy. I don't care if it was JP or Holcomb, the obvious call was to get the ball to Moulds and Evans. I kept wondering when we were going to through it deep or over the middle again and again and yet I saw us running and running and running and taking more and more time off the clock. As bad as they played, this game was still so winnable today. I'm still shaking my head.

453684[/snapback]

Even the announcers were making that point when the Falcons were down to two corners because of injury...

1-2 in your first 3 starts is not bad at all, and he even played a good game in the win.  Most QBs need at least 3/4 of a season or so before they start to settle in.  That's why I kind of think that big winning streak you guys had last year was a detriment in the long run.  Losman was obviously going to be the starter in '06, and the streak just set back his development.

Give the kid some time.

453785[/snapback]

When the most rational post on TBD comes from HD, we are truly peering over the abyss.

hehe you're funny.

453726[/snapback]

The Packers started off 3-6 that year. I wonder what Favre's game-by-game stats were during that period. Was he playing well or poorly? I don't know.

Another player to look at is Donovan McNabb. The statlines from the first six games he played look a lot like what Losman has done so far.

1-2 in your first 3 starts is not bad at all, and he even played a good game in the win.  Most QBs need at least 3/4 of a season or so before they start to settle in.  That's why I kind of think that big winning streak you guys had last year was a detriment in the long run.  Losman was obviously going to be the starter in '06, and the streak just set back his development.

Give the kid some time.

453785[/snapback]

Its scary when the Pats fan is the voice of reason. <_<

Shows you that the average Pats fan knows more about football than the average bills fan. Sad but true.

Some of the fools on TSW are a disgrace.

453870[/snapback]

I agree that it takes time for most QBs to get their timing down, and for the game to slow down enough for them. I am pretty patient with JP, but that is mainly because I never bought into the hype of us having a winning season this year.

If the defense showed up I was hopeful for an 8 and 8 season. Tickets need to be sold, so I expected some sun shine to be blown our way.

A year from now the hot-heads, who always lose it over a loss and call for the firing of everybody, will once again slip into the murk to await their next episode of the falling sky routine.

That question during the interview does intrigue me. So far, I have seen nothing from Chris Villarrial that justifies the Bills signing him from Chicago. He is constantly hurt, and now he gets "winded" when the offense has spent so long on the sideline the last few games. I heard so much about this guy being a road grader with a mean streak, but all I have seen is a pickup with bad gas milleage and a penchant for breaking down.

It's going to be a long year, and MM going to have to learn that we are a fairly savy football town that understand the game enough to question his judgement. He will need to develope some tougher skin this year.