Buddy the Wonder Dog Thinks Peters

Hammered a Lot

According to John Clayton:

"The Bills have two gametime decisions. Of the two, right tackle Mike Williams looks the least likely to play. He's questionable with an ankle and hasn't practiced all week. If he can't go, the Bills will use Greg Jerman. Linebacker London Fletcher (hamstring) practiced Friday. Though it's a gametime decision, Fletcher is expected to play. Safety Lawyer Milloy practiced and plans to play despite a broken thumb. He's listed as questionable. Tight end Tim Euhus (shoulder) was limited Friday and probably won't play. He's questionable with a shoulder injury. Wide receiver Roscoe Parrish is out with a wrist injury."

He also says this:

"Quarterback Michael Vick practiced for his second consecutive day and appears to be fine with his hamstring injury. He was upgraded from questionable to probable Thursday. Though they will watch to make sure he doesn't do anything to make the hamstring injury worse, Vick will start Sunday against the Bills. The Falcons may not have wide receiver Dez White, who missed his third day of work because of a hamstring injury that has him listed as questionable. Brian Finneran would start for White. On defense, there are problems. Defensive end Brady Smith remains questionable with a calf injury. Cornerback Allen Rossum is questionable with a hamstring and probably won't play. Starting cornerback Jason Webster practiced Friday on his bruised knee, giving hope that he will play."

If so, that indicates the Bills plan to run the football early and often. It rained hard here this morning and more is forcasted for later. Field will be slick, which isn't good for Vicks' sore hammy.

Peters can destroy the opposition on straight ahead running blocks. One of the great joys of being there live is watching him play special teams. Rolls down the field just smashing players out of the way in the classic "ball meets bowling pin" scenerio. I keep the binoculars on him and just laugh. A total freak.

OK, while we're on the subject...

How come Mr. All-World Right Tackle (who isn't capable/smart-enough/man-enough to play LEFT Tackle) is backed up by Greg Jerman, while our oh-so-important Left Tackle spot is held down by Mike Gandy and very capably backed up by the nearly-rookie-dumb-as-dirt Jason Peters?

If Peters can handle the LT position, why couldn't MW? Is it pure athleticism? It can't be braims. Is it desire? What is it?

It cracks me up that MW isn't competent enough to play the all-important glamour spot on the line, but it's just fine for JP (the Other JP) to learn the position.

That said, I hope we run a lot of 2-TE sets with Peters eligible and he gets seven catches today.

How come Mr. All-World Right Tackle (who isn't capable/smart-enough/man-enough to play LEFT Tackle) is backed up by Greg Jerman, while our oh-so-important Left Tackle spot is held down by Mike Gandy and very capably backed up by the nearly-rookie-dumb-as-dirt Jason Peters?

If Peters can handle the LT position, why couldn't MW? Is it pure athleticism? It can't be braims. Is it desire? What is it?

It cracks me up that MW isn't competent enough to play the all-important glamour spot on the line, but it's just fine for JP (the Other JP) to learn the position.

That said, I hope we run a lot of 2-TE sets with Peters eligible and he gets seven catches today.

452592[/snapback]

Interesting point.

It's less "braims" than athleticism.