OT: Willie Nelson just did a Reggae CD!

The_Real

The album is called Countryman. Not sure if anyone here likes Willie Nelson or not but the music is solid. That is ofcourse if you can get over the fact that Willie is an Icon waaaaaaaaaay more than a good singer. :lol:

Anyways, it's fun listening if anyone is interested.

t-r

That is ofcourse if you can get  over the fact that Willie is an Icon waaaaaaaaaay more than a good singer.  :flirt:

Anyways, it's fun listening if anyone is interested. 

t-r

452388[/snapback]

Not sure what you mean by Willie being an icon more than a good singer. I appreciate your enthusiasim, but Willie is a great singer, and even better songwriter. I never understand how people can write off Willie, Dylan, Hank Williams Sr or Neil Young (to name a few) because they "can't sing". Yet, people will gush over people like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, and the American Idol no-talents because they can "sing the shti out of a song". IMO, people like that over-sing a song. Willie's voice is so subtle, and so real, he blows hacks like that away any time. Granted, I'd rather see Mariah in a g-string than Willie.

Willie's biggest problem seems to be, more than anything, since his legendary problems with the IRS, he has been willing to do anything that he will get a paycheck for. He puts out about 7 or 8 albums a year, 6 of them dreck or rehash, and 2 of them excellent. For every "Countryman" or "Teatro" there are two duet albums, and singles with lesser talents like Toby Keith. I think Willie is worried about leaving his family a fortune at this point.

ps- Did you know that while "Countryman" depicts two weed leafs on the cover, Wal-Mart refused to carry it with that cover, so it was replaced with two palm trees...lame!

pps- If you like Willie at all, check out a song called "What Would Willie Do?", by Bruce Robison. It is one of the funniest songs I've heard in ages. It is from Robison's album "Country Sunshine". Robison himself is a fine songwriter, like the man he pays tribute to....