Anyone know what the story is with Parrish?

The_Real

I've been trying to find information on Roscoe but no one seems to know anything.  If it's a broken wrist shouldn't he be back soon?  Is it a broken wrist?  Does anyone know anything about Parish?

Thanks

452378[/snapback]

Even though the Bills didn't specifically or officially say anything, and they don't need to, and probably shouldn't, virtually all reports and speculation in the local and national media was that it was a broken wrist, the surgery went well, he MAY be able to play with a soft cast, the injury usually takes at least six weeks to heal, he will likely miss the first month of the season. There was a report that his cast is off, although I only saw it in one spot and don't know if it is true. I fully expect him to play in either game 4 or game 5. Positions like lineman and defensive guys are a lot easier to play with a cast on your wrist, however, The offensive skill positions, because of holding onto the ball, obviously makes it a little more difficult.

Even though the Bills didn't specifically or officially say anything, and they don't need to, and probably shouldn't, virtually all reports and speculation in the local and national media was that it was a broken wrist, the surgery went well, he MAY be able to play with a soft cast, the injury usually takes at least six weeks to heal, he will likely miss the first month of the season. There was a report that his cast is off, although I only saw it in one spot and don't know if it is true. I fully expect him to play in either game 4 or game 5. Positions like lineman and defensive guys are a lot easier to play with a cast on your wrist, however, The offensive skill positions, because of holding onto the ball, obviously makes it a little more difficult.

452384[/snapback]

I think its bogus of the NFL to not have the injury information policy that's in effect for the reg season not in effect for the pre season. Hopefully he'll be back after the falcons game. hell, he might play tomorrow in a blocking role.

I think its bogus of the NFL to not have the injury information policy that's in effect for the reg season not in effect for the pre season.  Hopefully he'll be back after the falcons game.  hell, he might play tomorrow in a blocking role.

452402[/snapback]

Well, he's already been officially ruled out for tomorrow. And what difference does it make whether a team officially lists guys injured in the pre-season the same way as the regular season. What possible difference does that make? Furthermore, with things like wrist injuries, and ankles and hamstrings and many other injuries, there is really no telling three, four, five, six weeks away how long a player will be out. They don't know until those weeks are actually up. Injuries heal differently depending on all kinds of issues.

If the team announces how long a player is out and then he doesn't play in the that time, then some fans start questioning that guys heart and tolerance of pain, and that's just stupid. We saw that with Vincent last year. It's incomprehensible to think that an NFL player is not going to play when he is ready to play. For different guys that means different things, as evidenced by Milloy last week. But it makes no difference whatsoever what the team announced to the public as to when a guy is going to be back after an injury like a broken wrist, if ONLY because they don't know themselves.

Well, i meant it might end some controversy over the injury...  I'm all for a system of full disclosure.

452408[/snapback]

A) What controversy? B) This is a smallish slot receiver who just broke his wrist. Would not virtually the only possible scenario to when he will be back be:

1] He sees the team doctor after a few weeks.

2] The doctor determines after the examination if the bone has healed long enough for it to stay off or whether a soft cast could be used.

3] Parrish practices with the team with a soft cast or with no cast to see how it has healed and if he can catch a pass and hold onto the ball.

4] The coaches and doctors and Parrish himself determine whether or not he can play that week or he needs more time to heal.

Frankly, I really don't see any other possibility, and that could not have been determined until all four of those things happen, and they could not even be predicted until number 1 commenced.

I'm not disputing his injury at all. Frankly, i believe it is a broken wrist or hand myself and that he'll be out this and next game. I also don't see much of a controversy beyond what's been discussed here, only cause he's a rookie... What if it were JP, TKO, or Willis though? then there sure would be a Flutopian/Johnsonian sized controversy. However, i am just of the opinion that disclosures of injuries should extend to the preseason.

I've been trying to find information on Roscoe but no one seems to know anything.  If it's a broken wrist shouldn't he be back soon?  Is it a broken wrist?  Does anyone know anything about Parish?

Thanks

452378[/snapback]

As other people mentioned it's got to be a broken wrist. Anything else would have him back already, and we know he had surgery so I think it's safe to assume that’s what the injury is.

I broke my wrist last year and also required surgery. The cast was on 6 weeks, and when it was removed my wrist was useless for a couple weeks until it regained some strength. From my own experiences playing WR and having that injury I feel confident saying it would be almost impossible to play that position if that is his injury. You have zero flexibility until about 2 weeks after the cast is removed and even now I still experience some pain.

All in all I would expect him to be back on the field at about 8 weeks after he injured it.

No.  Not via OBD.  Only through the injury reports.

452453[/snapback]

And quite frankly if there is a choice between satisfying my need to kniw and giving no information to the enemy, I say lie to me.

Actuallt, while I don't think the Bills should puruse the John Butler strategy of issuing platitudes that insult everyone's intelligence, I think their approach to Parrish situtation of simply saying nothing is quite fine.

To me its a question of whether folks place their priority on their own curiosity or the potential good of the team.

A clever team motivated by the requirement of any entertainment business that communication with the custimers is how you sell stuff means they have to talk abouy a loy of stuff, but I am fine with them striking a balance and keeping injury news to a minimum as it eventually keep opponents guessing.