Will weather be a factor?

GG

Looking at the hurricane tracking maps, it seems that rain is due in WNY sometime late on Sunday.

But, if the storm speed picks up a bit and rains hit earlier, I don't know if we would enjoy the benefit of all that wetness. As I'm not overly fearful of Falcons' passing game, I think it will be a bigger benefit to Dunn's & Vick's running styles.

Looking at the hurricane tracking maps, it seems that rain is due in WNY sometime late on Sunday.

But, if the storm speed picks up a bit and rains hit earlier, I don't know if we would enjoy the benefit of all that wetness.  As I'm not overly fearful of Falcons' passing game, I think it will be a bigger benefit to Dunn's & Vick's running styles.

452373[/snapback]

Have we had many wet games since the new turf went in?

It's hard to think Vick could ever have more of an advantage than he already has. If the conditions favor Vick, then they favor Losman too.

The Packers playoff game notwithstanding, I would think that any inclimate weather favors us over a dome team.

It's hard to think Vick could ever have more of an advantage than he already has.  If the conditions favor Vick, then they favor Losman too.

The Packers playoff game notwithstanding, I would think that any inclimate weather favors us over a dome team.

452404[/snapback]

If the weather plays a factor I think it’s a push. It slows down Vick which certainly helps, but it doesn't help our speedy undersized defense either. If the rain starts to fall we need big Sam to hold down the interior more then ever.

The reason that I think that it would favor Falcons is that I've noticed our new turf is somewhat slippery. I don't think that it will slow down Vick & Dunn as much as it will minimize our D's reaction to their shiftiness.

It could favor Losman, if Clements lets him go wild. I doubt the reigns are off the kid just yet.

I'm hoping for a nice warm, dry day, followed by a victory rain at 5PM.

It's hard to think Vick could ever have more of an advantage than he already has.  If the conditions favor Vick, then they favor Losman too.

452404[/snapback]

I believe it was very rainy during the cardinals game last year, and a nice wet snow fell during the browns game, so yes, the field has been tested while wet. Hopefully it will make Mr. Mexico think twice about cutting back to the inside.