What do predictions after game 4 last year

Fake-Fat Sunny

My sense is that many of the predictions seen about AT are well founded (and many are not also) but the key thing to me that should allow most readers to tell the difference between which predictions should be ignored and which read carefully is the amount of cetainty that they present.

If anyone predicted last year that after our 0-4 start, their extraordinarily smart football sense and piercing analysis of the coming opponents led them to predict that we woould peal off a 7 game winning streak which we mostly won going away despite their record of road failures and their horrible start, I think we need a little proof of this prediction.

Its really uncertain which Bills D is going to show up on Sunday (though the injuries to Fletcher and Milloy are not good news, though the fact we are at home and the wonders of modern drugs I hope and expect them to perform) and I hope a different Bills O shows up that attended our first two games.

As I said many of the predictions offered seem legit to me, but to the extent any of them are presented as even likely outcomes without the necessary caveats that things may be quite different and certainly if they are presented as stone cold locks these are the predictions that can almost certainly be ignored.

We were not gonna go 15-0 after the 1st week's great performance and we are not DOOMED after last week's debacle.

My sense is that many of the predictions seen about AT are well founded (and many are not also) but the key thing to me that should allow most readers to tell the difference between which predictions should be ignored and which read carefully is the amount of cetainty that they present.

If anyone predicted last year that after our 0-4 start, their extraordinarily smart football sense and piercing analysis of the coming opponents led them to predict that we woould peal off a 7 game winning streak which we mostly won going away despite their record of road failures  and their horrible start, I think we need a little proof of this prediction.

Its really uncertain which Bills D is going to show up on Sunday (though the injuries to Fletcher and Milloy are not good news, though the fact we are at home and the wonders of modern drugs I hope and expect them to perform) and I hope a different Bills O shows up that attended our first two games.

As I said many of the predictions offered seem legit to me, but to the extent any of them are presented as even likely outcomes without the necessary caveats that things may be quite different and certainly if they are presented as stone cold locks these are the predictions that can almost certainly be ignored.

We were not gonna go 15-0 after the 1st week's great performance and we are not DOOMED after last week's debacle.

452358[/snapback]

I still stand by my 11-5 or 9-7 prediction, as I originally felt we would lose the first two. I expect us to win the next four, before losing to Oak and NE.

If anyone predicted last year that after our 0-4 start, their extraordinarily smart football sense and piercing analysis of the coming opponents led them to predict that we woould peal off a 7 game winning streak which we mostly won going away despite their record of road failures and their horrible start, I think we need a little proof of this prediction.

I think this was after we opened with 4 losses. Never specifically predicts a 7game run but I'm sure i was thinking it. :lol:

Rally to me boys...

Cya

P.S. I completely agreed with your point in anotehr thread re: the Bills playing with a lead. While it may be important to the offense, as I think you implied, it is even more important to the defense to be able to attack an opposing offense that's not curled up like a porcupine. That's where our turnovers and field position come from, which is what a still-buregeoning offense needs to be able to win games while it's still trying to learn its craft.

If anyone predicted last year that after our 0-4 start, their extraordinarily smart football sense and piercing analysis of the coming opponents led them to predict that we woould peal off a 7 game winning streak which we mostly won going away despite their record of road failures  and their horrible start, I think we need a little proof of this prediction.

452358[/snapback]

Would a 9-7 prediction before the start of last season suffice?

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...842entry17842

I still say 9-7 and barely out of the playoffs for the Bills.

I'm thinking 7-9 right about now for this team. Starting with the 1st NE game the schedule just gets incredibly brutal. If we go into that game anything less than 5-2 you can forget about playoffs. IMO the season really comes down to winning those 'toss-up' road games - one of which we've alread lost - hopefully we take care of business in places like San Antonio and Oakland.