Spielman returns as analyst

Wacka

Found this nice article on Chris Spielman:

Spielman returns as analyst

451710[/snapback]

Good story, great player, even greater guy, if that's possible. I have never heard him do a game as an analyst I don't think, and should probably tune in. He's probably pretty damn good at that, too. I always liked to hear him talk about the game in interviews.

Good story, great player, even greater guy, if that's possible. I have never heard him do a game as an analyst I don't think, and should probably tune in. He's probably pretty damn good at that, too. I always liked to hear him talk about the game in interviews.

451727[/snapback]

He used to do low profile college games for ESPN. FWIW, I remember Dr. Z writing an article a few years back talking about how refreshingly good he was. Something about actual insight like predicting a fake punt as opposed to the usual "the Bill really want to stay out of 3rd & long" crap.

He used to do low profile college games for ESPN.  FWIW, I remember Dr. Z writing an article a few years back talking about how refreshingly good he was.  Something about actual insight like predicting a fake punt as opposed to the usual "the Bill really want to stay out of 3rd & long" crap.

451985[/snapback]

I remember that article. Spielman was doing a 2nd-tier game and noticed the kicker talking to the coach before he was sent in. Spielman said, "It's gonna be a fake." Not "Watch for the fake" or "They might fake it", but "IT'S GONNA BE A FAKE" and it was.

Lately he's been doing one of the noon games for ESPN. He did the Bowling Green - Wisconsin game this year. He's very good.

Last year I went to a Browns game in Cleveland. There were more Spielman jerseys than any other I counted. The guy never played a down for them and he's amongst their favorites.

Here's a site dedicated to all things Spielman. Not much (okay nothing) on his Bills years, but interesting nonetheless.

I heard an interview with Steve Tasker on the Mike and Mike morning show on ESPN. HE was talking about how laid back the training camps were under Levy. One day after about an hour of practice, Levy said they were done. Tasker says that Speilman went berzerk. He was seething and "went off" because he just loved contact!

Spielman was the man!

Although he didn't play for the longest time, when he was on the field he gave 100% every play.

Seems he gives 100% no matter what he's doing. That's an unusual trait.

He is a man's man and an even better human being. We need more people like Spielman in our nation.

No question. I don't look to the NFL or any other entertainment venue for role models, but they do appear from time to time. People like Chris Spielman are rare, wherever they are found.